or Connect

Posts by mdriftmeyer

Music is a first to the trough market, and Apple brought the entire end-to-end solution. Whether you are frustrated or not completely satisfied with iTunes it is the beast that provides the channels that keeps Apple the leader.   I am glad we won on this one.
 The term, ``I,'' never fit at NeXT but it was a common theme during the merger from whining Apple employees wanting their sabbaticals before Steve pulled the plug on the program. All of us wore several hats at NeXT and Apple. It's the difference between a spoiled brat and an adult. Fadell was never cut out to be Apple, never mind, NeXT material. The fact the guy was first hired solely as a contractor, after having worked in the past for Apple's subsidiary, General Magic,...
 Tony Fadell was none too bright while at Apple. The moment the guy proposed Apple use mklinux for the kernel on the iPhone I knew this guy did not realize we NeXT engineers took over the company and its future. You were never going to see Linux at Apple, period. The guy is a great bullshiter. There is no way he should have climbed the ranks within Apple like he did, but some folks managed [at the time] to garner steve's ear and if he liked you you got launched up quickly....
 It's like arguing with communications majors that they don't understand applied engineering. You'll never get through to them.
 Only by idiots who don't quest Google founder street cred but challenge Cook's ability to run Apple, never mind running all the back-end for manufacturing/distribution/etc., relationships for the past 16 years.
I hate laptops.
 Isn't it amazing how lime reacts with copper?
 Nest didn't make the thermostat. They provided a design for one that embodied the past with a digital UI of the present and a soft blue already done many times over, while syncing easily to an iOS platform.
FWIW: Fadell does not have more than 300 patents authored:   http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-bool.html&r=0&f=S&l=50&TERM1=Fadell&FIELD1=INNM&co1=AND&TERM2=&FIELD2=&d=PTXT   The guy is credited [most jointly with others] 73 in the US.   In fact, every single patent he's got his name on it along with actual engineers, so no he hasn't authored more than 300, never mind 73, but he has gone on the ride and...
  The most difficult part of home automation is a lack of state mandated enforcement of the International, never mind State subset of, Construction standards. Idaho is a complete joke run by non-bonded and licensed hacks doing home construction, never mind commercial. Washington State is all licensed and bonded, but having worked closely with some contractors [on the job] they all cut corners, over charge the consumer which resulted in myself as a mechanical engineer...