or Connect

Posts by mdriftmeyer

Don't break the bank, my fellow Apple alum. We spent more than that a week on coffee a decade ago.
Spare us the hyperbolic bs. Having worked in SV and dealing with UNIX since 1987, Linux since 1998, FreeBSD since its inception, NEXTSTEP, SGI IRIX, HP-UX, DEC OSF/1, OS/2, DOS 4.x - Win 7 [refused to help family beyond that version and most got Macs], and of course OS X when it went from NEXTSTEP to Rhapsody internally at Apple to current, none of these were enhanced or impeded by your perceived walled garden and its false sense of security you are inferring.Linux has a...
Effing hilarious. The guy writes a milk toast goodbye where he'll be busy but doesn't mention he's going to work for Apple. Most likely he didn't want to read the hate responses. People have no balls. He spent most of his career slacking on Apple and now takes a job with my former company. Grow a nutsack, Anand, and be honest to your weird cluster of nutballs on Anandtech. Face the music. You would have my respect if you ever showed respect for Apple.
It's not whining.Only a moron embedded lossless PNGs, each at 1.4MB when an equivalent non-compressed JPEG is 206.8 KB.Throw in 4 more and you're pissing bandwidth costs for your server.Link to a much larger makes sense, but to embed into the page a bloated PNG not designed for this purpose is truly says one is ignorant of graphic formats.
You're not a good poker player. These late in the game leaks are final products.
The same people who bitch about the lack of waterproof as a must have feature demand the iPad be a half a pound/270+ grams lighter for when they lie their lazy ass on their back looking up to read: something you ergonomically should never do as you tend to fall asleep.They scoff at lifting some weights [like 5 lbs] so it is not surprising they'd shit a brick over style that they themselves know will eventually be copied by every damn vendor on the planet.
That's a very nice looking phone. It'll be my first smart phone. All my friends and former colleagues are baffled I have never bought a smart phone, but they knew it would never be anything but the platform we helped bring to Apple and worked/tested on at Apple. P.S. I dig the banding for the antennas. Beautiful merging of scientific design.
BS. There is no way in hell, mathematically, that half of the supported devices are A5 based. That would mean > 50% of the iPads are iPad 2 and iPhone are iPhone 4S, seeing as the iPhone 4 only had the A4.You would need > 100,000,000 iPhone 4s units domestically sold. Never happened. That alone doesn't include the iPad 2 having to dwarf iPad 3, 4, Air and Mini/Mini-Retina. Never happened.
Talk about the pot callng the kettle black. Leveraging filesystem attributes as exposed functionality you don't want to see is something Apple most certainly received requests to actually see.More importantly, It's Beta Software. Send them feedback to discuss the value or lack of value such exposed features offer.
The big changes come with Safari 8.x.