or Connect

Posts by mdriftmeyer

Until Apple extends Swift to the LLVM/Clang project, I have absolutely zero interest in it.
 I have been on record here more than once, and early at Apple when we [NeXT] merged with Apple on what a waste Wozniak has become since the 80s [when he actually did some work at Apple beyond the early days].
I recall commenting on the necessary synergy between human and machine just the other day, and how stupid it would be for FOXCONN to can it's human staffing.
 Shrewd observation. Something they should have learned a decade prior.
Samsung's pain will grow when Apple's healthy numbers come out for the latest quarter.
``...By offloading raw sensor data to the M7 instead of activating the power-hungry A7 SoC...'' What a bs statement.
 More correctly stated, `Every material has a natural level of deflection on a stress/strain curve, and dependent upon the point of failure it's measure of deflection is linear. Once it goes beyond the measure of elastic deformation, it's plasticity kicks in and failure soon follows.'
 Hey genius, who the hell do you think made sure DARPA, ARPANET and the rest got funding? Senator Al Gore. There is a reason he's properly credited with making the Web happen. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Gore_and_information_technology#Congressional_work_and_Gore_Bill If you don't believe Vint Cerf and Bob Kahn then you truly are too dense for words.
Let them automate. The investment cost incurred buying, installing and maintaining such cutting edge equipment will outstrip any savings. They'll want to pass on that cost to their customers [Apple, etc] and Apple will walk to a competitor.   Full automation has never been successful at levels worth scrapping human oversight and coordination. Automated control systems are developed and flawed just like human beings. Kinematics is a great subject most M.E. programs never...
Every one who was at WWDC already expected this outcome.