or Connect

Posts by phasornc

Okay yes, 75% of Russia[1] is in Asia, but the 25% that is in Europe has a land mass of 3,960,000 km2 and a population of 106,037,143. That makes it the largest nation in Europe in land and population.[2] I also have nothing against Asia, but I wouldn't say Apple is targeting an Asian market with this move.[1] http://www.worldatlas.com/webimage/c...e/eurlarge.htm (The big cities of Russia are mainly in the geologic European Plain)[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europe...
Sure but many count in 2 or more categories e.g Romance/Drama or Comedy/Kids & Family or the dreaded Comedy/Romance. I just hooked up my Mac as my main dvd/media center and I never reallized how truly pathetic the movie selection is. I really don't get why the TV studios don't get behind the rental format. It would be great to HD versions of every TV show made in the past 20 years (including current shows) that you could rent for say $.49 cents each. People could plan...
The last time I purchased Apple stock not to long ago was at $30, with today's run up $147 and retreat settling at around $143 coupled with this suit, I'm getting a little worried. Anyone else going to be glued to the market on Monday? But yes the suit is silly, but so is Apple. It's dumb that the iPhone doesn't have a "replaceable" battery, and it's perhaps even worse that they tell people the battery is not replaceable. First of all it is replaceable. I've...
So . . . mayble my Treo 650 will double or triple it's connect speeds as a result of this iPhone thingy. That will buy me enough time to hold out for the 3g iPhone M p.s. My first number 1!
I found on of these ibooks sitting on top of a cardboard box on the curb waiting for trash collection last year around this time. I picked it up, found a power supply, plugged it in, and no go. I then took a couple snapshots of it with my treo and put it up on eBay, fully disclosing the fact that it would not boot and would not make the start up bong. . . easiest $300 I ever made.
With 1 gb ram on duo mini you can barely play 720 video (xvid) avi files. Now maybe my system is not optimally configured, but it is configured for normal work. Playing 2 or 3 divx avi movies 640x480 (yes i'm ADD) at the same time tends to cause choppy performance. I have none of these problems on my MBP 1.83 with it x1600 ati card. It would be great if apple would get nVidia to make an nForce for the mini and macBook, but looks like Apple has to kiss Intels A$$...
Okay can anybody tell me why on earth I would get a $599 phone with 2 year contract and no HSDPA in June 2007. As of November Cingular had (according to them: HSDPA in 134 US markets with populations of 100,000 or more. This may be less than Verizon or Sprint but how saturated do you think HSDPA will be a year from now when you still have 16 months left on your iPhone contract?Cingular/AT&T currently offers the following HSDPA phones:Samsung Blackjack $199Cingular SYNC...
It's really only been 1 year 363 days, but whose counting . . .
6-9 months after the windows version? Ouch!! I'll have 15 out of 31 macs in my office on Intel Macs by then. They'll all be running rosetta all day long and Excel won't be able to do ODBC imports. Sorry MacBU, I really like Excel but I'm going to start playing with NeoOffice/OOoffice Michael
To all who ask why Apple picked Logic when they bought an audio company... I think the answer is complex and it goes way beyond UI. Apple knew how to do UI they didn't know how to do audio and midi at the OS level. Emagic probably represented the most economical purchase, high quantity of brain power and low quantity of bodies. Logic is a stunning interface it is just not a beginners interface. To know Logic is to know it a good fraction of it 400+ completely...