or Connect

Posts by trumptman

I took your comment to mean that apple was only making one CE but the screens aren't the same resolution. You noted bigger battery for a bigger screen but to drive the bigger screen with the same level of performance will also demand more graphical performance which is again, more battery. The casing to hold that larger battery will need more material and we are discussing materials that are much more expensive than aluminum. Is Apple just going to give you 4 mm more of...
 I'm pretty sure I remember reading about two different screen sizes as one example. I wasn't talking processor or ram for running applications but obviously Apple likes to play with storage options to change the price point. Apple has obviously used that often in the past. The materials themselves can fall within that usable solution though. The low end is aluminum and I don't know how rugged I would expect that to be because watches can be treated differently than...
 Sorry about the trims but I suffer from lack of brevity. It's awesome that you are joining a club. Are you 40ish? Tri's, owning a GoPro and brewing some sort of beer seem to be mandatory to turn 40 nowadays. I am just getting ready to turn 45 and I was shocked when I saw the drop off in number of participants compared to the 40-44 crowd. ConnectIQ and the amount of RAM you mentioned do indeed seem like sad jokes. Companies make mistakes like this and then wonder why Apple...
 1. I also suck at swimming. Heck I think I suck at running. 2. Is it like a tri-club or are you paying someone to coach you? I've seen several tri-clubs in the areas around me. They seem like nice places. 3. I don't have problems with the Garmin software with regard to what I have covered. This stuff is ever evolving and everyone is having growing pains. My specific issue, and the only where I think Garmin could really have done some damage to all the others in the...
 I do one short tri a year and I am probably going to add a second. I'm hoping for a half and then full within the next few years. I'm mainly a cyclist that can't swim but can run a bit for now. Is the watch the Fenix 3? It looks amazing (and has a round face based off the discussions on here.) I have a Tomtom Multisport I am moderately disappointed with and a Timex Global Trainer that I owned before it and never sold off. I think the next round of Garmin stuff is pretty...
 While Islam itself may not be to blame, what might be to blame are those who declare that any type of acculturation occuring is a form of bias, -ism or hatred against groups who have immigrated to a new country or a minority within the culture of a country. Part of what makes it possible to radicalize someone is to create an atmosphere where they believe they will never have a chance. It is easier to hurt a faceless enemy than your chums that you went to school with down...
 I'm a musician. A failed songwriter in that I have lots of unfinished stuff but also a teacher and these videos are great in that they draw upon prior knowledge, generate interest and then start teaching a concept.  I should have put horrible in quotation marks or something. I was reflecting the language of the thread with tongue in cheek. Swift is fantastic at the "earworms" aka hooks aka motifs mentioned in the video precisely because I don't care to like her music but...
  Thought I'd drop this here. Some fun analysis of the techniques of those horrible pop songs and how other songs past, present and perhaps even classical use said techniques as well.
 The kids these days..... If only they could hum a good Scott Joplin tune instead of listening to that crappy Swing music. Oh wait... what again?
 It's a change. Like others have mentioned it is more like a return to radio. I like to compare the music industry to the motion picture industry which tends to adapt faster and better. You go into a Best Buy you aren't going to see an older movie for the same price as a new movie. Yet this is what the music industry expects. If Taylor Swift has a new album they will want $16.99 for it at Best Buy. (Really?) What if you are a new fan and want her older music.... still...