or Connect

Posts by trumptman

No one declared that Apple would not redesign the internals of any new 4 inch iPhone. Of course they would do this because if it is a premium and new phone but simply at a different size, it would require a redesign to add the new processor, better camera, etc. That said adding an NFC chip wouldn't be that big of a deal nor would adding an antenna. They can easily fit it in the 4 inch design. Apple has a clear interest in add NFC because it helps bring more new users to...
 Your point is completely ridiculous. The Apple Watch has NFC, bluetooth and wifi. If they can add them to the watch, they can add them to a 4 inch iPhone with other updates.
If someone went back to my earliest comments on here regarding the iPhone, it was that it was too big (in my opinion) at 3.5 inches. I wanted a smaller phone like the LG Dare I owned at the time.   I managed to move on to the "larger" iPhone and now own an iPhone 5S. However I really prefer the smaller sized phones. I absolutely am a one handed iPhone user and wish to remain that way. An updated 4 inch iPhone with ApplePay and whatever is next in camera optics would be...
 He hasn't improved the economy. The dollar hasn't appreciated. Other currencies are depreciating. All are following the same flawed model. The U.S. is like the skinniest obese, chain smoking, alcoholic at the clinic. Betting the other patients will die sooner doesn't mean the U.S. is healthy.   Obama borrowed more in in one term than all other presidents minus Bush combined. He took about five years to borrow more than Bush did in 8. To suggest Obama is fiscally...
 Most people declare that Apple commands a premium. I disagree. They just don't cheap out a product and compete where there are no profits. They provide a good value and often offer a bit of a premium for less than most premium products. That was why I argued that the Beats buy was a good one. It isn't that Beats are the best headphones or the most expensive but they were good headphones for $200 in a market where no one realized they wanted $200 headphones before. Apple...
 It isn't only $50 cheaper than the Apple Watch. The Apple Watch has made it clear that better materials command a better price. The Apple Watch in stainless steel is estimated to go for $500. That means it would be $200 cheaper for the same materials.   Again Pebble is a true and worthy competitor. The Apple Watch in stainless steel is estimated to be $500. Sure the Apple Watch made with aluminum will be close in price but that is a less premium material. You have to...
 I took your comment to mean that apple was only making one CE but the screens aren't the same resolution. You noted bigger battery for a bigger screen but to drive the bigger screen with the same level of performance will also demand more graphical performance which is again, more battery. The casing to hold that larger battery will need more material and we are discussing materials that are much more expensive than aluminum. Is Apple just going to give you 4 mm more of...
 I'm pretty sure I remember reading about two different screen sizes as one example. I wasn't talking processor or ram for running applications but obviously Apple likes to play with storage options to change the price point. Apple has obviously used that often in the past. The materials themselves can fall within that usable solution though. The low end is aluminum and I don't know how rugged I would expect that to be because watches can be treated differently than...
 Sorry about the trims but I suffer from lack of brevity. It's awesome that you are joining a club. Are you 40ish? Tri's, owning a GoPro and brewing some sort of beer seem to be mandatory to turn 40 nowadays. I am just getting ready to turn 45 and I was shocked when I saw the drop off in number of participants compared to the 40-44 crowd. ConnectIQ and the amount of RAM you mentioned do indeed seem like sad jokes. Companies make mistakes like this and then wonder why Apple...