or Connect

Posts by trumptman

Pebble has proven themselves a worthy competitor and are far from being a copycat. The e-ink screen along with multiple day battery life provides a completely different set of functions and addresses different priorities than the AppleWatch. I'm glad to see them still innovating, improving their value proposition and keeping Apple's feet to the fire. I already have my watch choice (Tomtom Multisport) but if I didn't I'd choose this before the AppleWatch.
 Collaborating might be too strong a word. More like endorsing the status quo established by a few because it is lazy, easy and the money is good. Not at all related but this week Apple has been dealing with #bendgate which was established by one guy with a YouTube channel. In about two days it just became a "fact" because one guy bent one phone on a video. In part it is established so easily because a lot of syndicated newsfeed services added it to their feed. A lot of...
I didn't defend the smaller screen size because Apple was smaller than competitors. I am very much a one handed iPhone user and prefer smaller sizes. Older posts on here have me berating the iPhone before I owned it for being so much LARGER than my LG Dare. Even now I am upset about the fact that the best camera is only available in the 6+.   I just upgraded to the iPhone 5S purchased inexpensively from an upgrading and new iPhone 6 owner. I still love the size. I'd love...
 The regulatory response wasn't related to the product being subpar and certainly wasn't related to lack of effort by Apple with regard to dealing with the regulatory agency. Apple has experience in all these matters. Are you suggesting that Apple didn't submit paperwork, the phone to testing or some other aspect of approval? Are you suggesting it is Apple's fault they didn't get approval on time? Apple doesn't need approval when they know the phones will get their anyway....
 They've sold in China before so if you REALLY think this is about regulatory approval not being granted because Apple didn't meet timelines with regard to completing tests or submitting paperwork then you need to wake up to the real world.  This was about favors, bribes and bluffs. Apple called the bluff. Millions of phones are being smuggled into to customers who desire them. Now the state will quickly and magically find a quick way to grant approval so as not to tick...
I really don't care about anyone flipping iPhones. Apple chose not to sell in China. If Chinese come to where Apple is selling then why is that bad?   Are we really supposed to believe that someone is entitled to buy a phone over another person for no other reason than geography? Sure there are people in line and I'm sure some where various forms of stinky, or rude non-English speaking or whatever.   Who cares?   They are paying a massive mark up to get the phone....
 The reality is that as an individual it may concern you but to the planet, the galaxy, the universe it is of no concern. When something becomes a big and valuable target for another entity, be it a virus or what have you, something will take advantage. Human concerns like ethnic make up, or borders of countries aren't a concern to biology.
 There's a reason the sportwatches can get 10-15 hours of GPS tracking when the iPhone cannot. While they may track with GPS the chips or function are not quite the same at all. It is like declaring that having a display is an overlapping function. With GPS tracking on watches, there isn't a map display. It isn't used for turn by turn directions. You are being tracked, not directed. There isn't a battery penalty because the AppleWatch is grasping for a day while the...
I'm glad I didn't wait and went with my Tomtom Multisport. It sends all my workouts to my iPhone via bluetooth and has INSANELY GREAT battery life compared to all these terrible new "smart" watches.   The Apple Watch doesn't even include GPS. My watch has 10 hrs of GPS tracking, accelerometers, bluetooth connectivity, etc.   I was really hoping Apple would go in a different direction with the screen and make the watch more of a true always on accessory rather than...
 Every decade is littered with trash talent and a few gems. Anyone who thinks different should go tell the kids to get off their lawn and start ordering their casket. Agreed.  Beats is a marketing machine. Apple could use a bit of an updated or at a minimum reinvigorated approach there. Color and curves didn't used to be banished from Apple.  Maybe they'll unveil a much improved streaming solution because Steve Jobs was wrong apparently and only old people want to own...