or Connect

Posts by trumptman

There's a reason the sportwatches can get 10-15 hours of GPS tracking when the iPhone cannot. While they may track with GPS the chips or function are not quite the same at all. It is like declaring that having a display is an overlapping function. With GPS tracking on watches, there isn't a map display. It isn't used for turn by turn directions. You are being tracked, not directed. There isn't a battery penalty because the AppleWatch is grasping for a day while the...
I'm glad I didn't wait and went with my Tomtom Multisport. It sends all my workouts to my iPhone via bluetooth and has INSANELY GREAT battery life compared to all these terrible new "smart" watches.   The Apple Watch doesn't even include GPS. My watch has 10 hrs of GPS tracking, accelerometers, bluetooth connectivity, etc.   I was really hoping Apple would go in a different direction with the screen and make the watch more of a true always on accessory rather than...
 Every decade is littered with trash talent and a few gems. Anyone who thinks different should go tell the kids to get off their lawn and start ordering their casket. Agreed.  Beats is a marketing machine. Apple could use a bit of an updated or at a minimum reinvigorated approach there. Color and curves didn't used to be banished from Apple.  Maybe they'll unveil a much improved streaming solution because Steve Jobs was wrong apparently and only old people want to own...
Let's look at it the way I prefer which is called reality. Appleinsider has been around for a long time and Apple itself had undergone a dramatic transformation. PO was needed largely because the people passionate to defend Apple back when it was in the financial and marketshare crapper were people who happened to be passionate about many other things including politics as well.   Then there were a couple purges of these passionate people. Some left for another Apple...
 You seriously would suggest that U2 hasn't been coasting on the success of their earlier years? Their best selling album was The Joshua Tree from 1987 at 25+ million. Everything since then has been less with their latest taking several years to reach 5 million. That isn't to say they aren't successful but their heyday was decades ago. U2 didn't make their name posing as a Malcolm X wannabe? They have certainly been political and over time have stripped anything...
There are definitely times I don't agree with the politics of Spike Lee. That said, he is an amazing filmmaker. Do The Right Thing was like a shotgun blast into public consciousness back in 1989. It was an amazing film then and it stands the test of time for me. Lee himself seems to want cut and dried answers at times in reality but many times his films admit the truth and show there isn't a clear path or just one solution.   Other great films of his that struck this...
 Regardless of how long they spent designing them, they sound terrible. The $10 JVC Gumy with mic headphones I use for my car sound better. Apple has strengths and weaknesses. We can just be grateful they are trying to strengthen a weakness and did it with the stylish company that produced good enough sound quality while hitting the price points and profit margin percentages that Apple requires.
 Well the morons in this case happen to be Apple customers commenting on Apple products. Apple cables have been pure crap for a long time. As others have noted they constantly fray in the same way at the same points. That isn't operator error. That's a design problem. Also you sound sort of pissed about the whole proof that Apple isn't killing the Beats brand claim you made. Clearly Apple wouldn't be doing this if they planned on keeping the products and people, but...
 He should be turning over in his grave seeing entire sections of Apple accessories rated at 1.5 out of 5 stars on their own website due to terrible build quality with mostly lightening cables and laptop power supplies.
 Will you eat the drawer full of broken and battered Beats headphones? That would be much more impressive.