or Connect

Posts by trumptman

I can point to articles like this which clearly are the work of an evil minority of self-reinforcing, delusion right-wingers who wish the planet harm because...Merica or some crap like that. Your statement is a classic ad-hom attack. It is a logical fallacy. I suspect much of your reading and video enjoyment starts with titles like "Jon Steward Eviscerates _________" or "Colbert mocks _______________." Those two very rich clowns have taught an entire generation of...
 Did you not read your own link? Addressing Wednesday's massacre at a South Carolina church, former Texas governor Rick Perry referred to it as an "accident." His campaign quickly clarified that he meant "incident," but not before the apparent slip of the tongue sparked a social media backlash, inviting inevitable comparisons to the so-called "oops" moment that defined Perry's last bid for the White House. All Democratic gaffes including knowing we have 57 states are...
 Is that what you tell yourself when you don't want to address or even think about valid points that are being made? Call it rubbish, dismiss the messenger with bad motive and declare yourself right in a self-created vacuum.  Differentiate would presume he has addressed the point. He hasn't addressed gang gun use in any meaningful manner. You might have a quote you can pull from some speech but the man has been elected for 6+ years. It hasn't been addressed. Are there...
 Obama clearly used this for political attacks and he has done so in the past with other similar incidents. He doesn't call for gun control when this is gang related homicides which are 80% of all gun deaths every year. He doesn't call for gun control in these instances because the massive majority of these deaths are African-American deaths, often caused by other African-Americans in blue state urban zones where there is gun control and where the income disparity happens...
While Apple still has room to move, the key phrase here appears to be what Adobe defines as authenticated video. They never really state what they mean by it and what it includes or disqualifies.   I own a current gen Apple TV. I also own a Roku and two Amazon Fire Sticks.   To me the Adobe analysis feels like someone focusing on paid content in the age of streaming. I know it is an imperfect analogy but my kids watch YouTube PERIOD. That is the majority of their...
My use with the Chrome OS has been in an educational setting where I can simply share that they are taking over the place! They seem decently snappy, appear moderately bullet-proof hardware-wise and last well beyond the school day in terms of battery power.   Our district has 10 COWs (Computers on Wheels) coming to my site this year alone. I heard the cost for the last eight of these ten carts was $180k. Each cart has roughly 44 laptops which comes out at a bit over $500...
 It isn't a bad Apple policty. It is a bad federal policy. The point is that a company like Apple still won't endorse double-taxation nor paying what people in Washington deem to be their fair share. It knocks down one of the key claims often put forward by many that tax policy doesn't alter decision making or business and investment behaviors. It is clear that it does and was mentioned in the other post, the cost is in the trillions with regard to economic activity and...
Apple ended the quarter with $194 billion in cash, $171 billion of it offshore   Bad policy is bad policy even when you are a good liberal Californian.
 No one declared that Apple would not redesign the internals of any new 4 inch iPhone. Of course they would do this because if it is a premium and new phone but simply at a different size, it would require a redesign to add the new processor, better camera, etc. That said adding an NFC chip wouldn't be that big of a deal nor would adding an antenna. They can easily fit it in the 4 inch design. Apple has a clear interest in add NFC because it helps bring more new users to...