or Connect

Posts by trumptman

Thought I'd drop this here. Some fun analysis of the techniques of those horrible pop songs and how other songs past, present and perhaps even classical use said techniques as well.
 The kids these days..... If only they could hum a good Scott Joplin tune instead of listening to that crappy Swing music. Oh wait... what again?
 It's a change. Like others have mentioned it is more like a return to radio. I like to compare the music industry to the motion picture industry which tends to adapt faster and better. You go into a Best Buy you aren't going to see an older movie for the same price as a new movie. Yet this is what the music industry expects. If Taylor Swift has a new album they will want $16.99 for it at Best Buy. (Really?) What if you are a new fan and want her older music.... still...
 I never said anything about being proud. Reality is reality. There need be no ego involved. Sadly I don't find many mainstream movies worth the time in this day and age so sure many of their trailers might be better. Most stories worth telling need too much cut out to hit 90-120 minutes and longer forms in shorter chunks (think better drama serials) are doing the job better in my opinion. However I'd bet a season of Walking Dead cost less than the butchered version of...
 Apple needs someone. Apple just still doesn't get anything about cloud based media services. Exclusive content, often inexpensively made is a key advantage in this age of media commoditization. The reality with streaming is that most songs aren't worth $1.29 and most albums certainly aren't worth $12.99. You can have thousands of hours of video for $8-10 a month and trying to stand alone in a sea of sameness there won't get you a cent. Much like how Android is available...
 I see your point and the iTunes content is a compelling proposition that could still allow Apple to charge a premium however lack of critical apps isn't something Apple can forgo, especially given their own lack of streaming solution with regard to flat rate for unlimited types of content. Amazon has a good amount of content and bundling it with their shipping is something a lot of people can buy into. Apple needs to get Amazon on the Apple TV.    Using double the devices...
I also need the Amazon Prime app. Out of the various streaming boxes in my house (Wii, Wii U, PS3, Roku, Blue-Ray Player) only the Apple TV is missing Amazon Prime and increasingly it is my least used TV streaming box because of the need to hide all these new channels. The Roku has a channel store where I can add only the channels I need. I was allowed to order the Amazon Fire stick for only $20 at a promotional price. The Wii, PS3 and Wii U all have Netflix, Amazon Prime...
 Wrong. The media has already selected and overhyped this story and others like it to create a false narrative. Adding this nonsense to it tries to create a feedback loop to continue that false narrative. Then pundits and experts scratch their heads and wonder "What's wrong with____________" when people don't vote, buy into or believe their false narrative.  I've lived and worked in these neighborhoods for years. The police are far from the problem. The daily actions of...
 I went to T-mobile and they were markedly improved from where they had been in the past. Their temporary promotion has ended though and if they don't do something they will be at quite a disadvantage to this offer. They were offering 10 gigs for $100. That offer has expired and nothing has replaced it. So the same money gets you 1 gig per line for an effective 4 gigs for $100. You can bump up to 3 gigs per line for another $10 per line but that makes it 12 gigs for $140...
 Static and normal are not the same. Don't misread a sentence and then point fingers about why you are annoyed.