or Connect

Posts by trumptman

Double post
 MVNO's are not being subsidized. They sub-lease the lines and still make money even at the much lower rates.  The reality is that phones like the Nokia 520 are being offered for about $80 total. They certainly are not in the same league as the iPhone but they can call, text, allow use of several smartphone apps and can act as a very nice wi-fi hotspot for the iPad. It isn't as easy a transition but the nearly 700% savings probably will soften the blow.
Others have mentioned T-mobile and it is clear they are doing some serious damage out there with the Uncarrier initiative.   Smartphones are pretty near saturation levels. Part of the reason things need to change is that even if someone has a subsidy line available for a new phone when discussing kids and phones, they will often take it for themselves or leave it unused while letting the child use an older phone because kids are a bit theft and drop prone. My children...
Apple really needs a channel store and to provide a means to pay for quick non-iTunes content via an Apple TV while taking their cut of it.   It isn't hard. They could do it right now. Sure maybe they don't have the major content providers ready yet but that doesn't matter, the smaller players will fill the void.   There is someone out there with an Angry Birds for paid content just waiting to happen. Maybe right now they are not making enough money while letting some...
I'm not of the view that funerals have to be dire affairs where everyone does nothing but cry. Part of missing someone in death is celebrating life. I'm sure President Obama acted appropriate during the funeral. This was a huge affair. I'm sure it took substantial time to get everyone in and out. I don't see anything wrong with what he did.
 I don't see why you would say that. Most of them are MVNO's who are sub-leasing the major networks. Especially if you can get your phone unlocked or just by it unlocked out the door, as I did with my iPhone 5, then what would be the problem?
I used Straight Talk for a couple years with no issues. Then they went through a period where they started throttling people with no reasoning assigned to it. You couldn't try to figure out what caused it. You couldn't track your data. You couldn't do anything about it. The customer service would make all manner of promises and engage in all manner of lies.   I unlocked all our iPhones and took them to Tmobile. $130 a month gets everyone unlimited talk/text/data with the...
 The point though is that you know and understand that they are broken. The people who don't realize that or perhaps are even gaining from the broken state don't care to fix it and will fight you on changes. At some point you choose the variables you can control and leave to others their own decisions. If that means they drive off a cliff, then they drive off because they were busy arguing about cliffs, gravity and what cars do off of them. Maybe you can't leave the car...
 How would that be the implication? Is the rhetorical question you are suggesting really that one must join the EU or endorse anarchy? People can endorse a bad solution and end up with a bad outcome. If you endorse the bad solution long enough, the outcome at some point can be irreversable in terms of consequences. That doesn't mean something new cannot arise out of that bad outcome. It just means that the bad outcome is a foregone conclusion after a certain point from the...
They should but like most things lately, it is probably too far down the road to turn around and try to fix it now.