or Connect

Posts by trumptman

Their terms of service expressly ban the streaming of media. They will tell you point blank that is why you were throttled. They have at times admitted to a soft cap of 1.5 gigabytes. After that you are throttled. I have even had some customer service reps declare that the throttle isn't removed even after a new service date.I personally used to find crazy deals and add three months of service all the time. Now I won't even auto-renew with them because their terms and...
  Certainly you can do better than that.   Here is the reasoning often presented here. You've presented it as well.   Apple colluded with publishers to force Amazon and the rest of the industry to adopt the agency model.   Retorts include......   Amazon was going to control everything. Amazon is selling all their books at a loss and acting in a monopoly fashion. Amazon wasn't playing fair because they are forgoing present profits for future monopoly status.   Provide some...
  I've not read or found the case you appear to mention and I'd be happy to read it so please post it. Post something to support this claim, and the claim isn't opinion it is about numbers, that Amazon is losing money on their ebook sales in order to buy marketshare.   That claim isn't like vanilla is the best ice cream. It is supportable by facts. Please post them.
  No one is saying Apple can't defend themselves. The reason all the publishers settled out was because they had all "magically" come together at the same time and somehow "magically" all agreed to withhold their product from Amazon at the same time they "magically" made an agreement with Apple.   Apple could make agency agreements, add their 30% and do whatever they want. Apple just knew though that being a late entrant to ebooks, while not being an innovator along with...
Apple is clearly in the wrong on this. I'm sad to see them taking this to court because it reflects the arrogance of a company that doesn't believe they have to compete. Even though Steve Jobs was involved, the actions here are the exact opposite of what Apple helped accomplish with the music market.   People keep fixating on Amazon but it should be noted, that the whole sale model wasn't thought up by them. It was the defacto standard for over 100 years prior and...
I know why.....     It isn't alarming. It should be expected and we should expect it to get far worse. This is the cowards way of dealing with a lifetime of bad choices.     While believing you are going to be a never aging rock star who parties on forever is indeed an illusion, the debts and train-wrecks lives they have created are very real.     I'd bet that a study into who is helping who financially would show that the boomer parents are benefiting from their child...
I've vouched for Straight Talk but I can tell you they do have throttling and I was hit by it once for no reasonable rhyme or reason.   According to my iPhone I use about half a gig a month. I've ended up throttled twice and each time it involved crossing a state line. They are profoundly rude about it. They won't discuss or disclose your actual usage or in what form or fashion they think you may have violated their terms and conditions. They transfer you to a...
God I hope it isn't about this alone. Apple update cycles have gotten so long that sadly WWDC needs to be as big and crazy as all the past rumors used to suggest.   All iApps need to be updated. Most Macs need to be updated. The iPhone needs to be updated.   It's pretty sad that this is the MINIMUM that needs to be done.
  I consider that to be translucent. I want true transparency to the level that I can see full detail of everything behind the keyboard.
  Wow, what a rude and dismissive post. I suppose when that's all you've got to support your point you use it though. The irony of claiming someone is paranoid and ignorant while exemplifying it is just amazing irony.   You haven't added anything beyond that so there really isn't much to address. Try again and perhaps when you add something beyond "You're a stupid poop head" we can have an adult discussion.     You are engaging in a classic strawman. The name was...