or Connect

Posts by trumptman

Correlation between kids running into poles and politics. Well first I did label them as anecdotes. However we have a large and growing underclass that feels entitled, not responsible for making their through life. Instead of believing in causality or being deterministic, they believe in fate and that life is just happenstance. Those with jobs have them due to luck. Those who don't are just unlucky. Those who did well in school just lucked into the right brain and the...
All play, no work makes for an ever-present underclass.  Welcome to the present United States where you're an idiot for fighting the dependency and working full-time. I have to share two quick anecdotes that show how this attitude pervades my classroom. I had a parent become very upset that their child, who did next to know work, was failing my class. The child was regularly monitored in the course of doing what you do as a teacher. However when you have 31 children, you...
 Libertarian is not the same as liberal. The liberals are the antithesis of freedom right now with their centralized and top down view of the world. You will live right because Barack Obama and his spy agencies know what you are doing and will correct your stupid mistakes whether you want them to or not.
 Well commoditization isn't exactly a new concept. Apple is trying to keep their products unique and the question will be whether their innovation and ecosystem are enough to command a premium price that garners profits. At some point when all the prices of the parts that make the phone are reduced though, Apple either has to pass that on or include some new parts that demand the higher price. It has been noted that the profit margin on the "S" versions of iPhones is...
I've tried this but the Google Voice app already allows me to make cellular calls and since I have unlimited minutes I don't care about making wifi calls. It doesn't allow you to receive your sms messages from the same number within the app so it is pointless. Then on top of that I'd have to ignore the 600+ people I have as friends on FB with whom I message through that app and go try to hang at Google+ which is a ghost town.
 If the U.S. were getting for it's dollars what the U.K. was getting for it's pounds, there wouldn't be much of an argument.  As you can see there, the U.S. public spending on health care is more than the U.K. and is in fact more than almost anyone else in terms of pure spending. For that the public gets absolutely no NHS. We get no public health hospitals. We get no public health system of any sort. To imagine the U.S. situation you'd have to imagine all the spending for...
 I'm struck by how Berger doesn't actually reply to anything that is posted to him. He wants us all to be outraged yet can't even muster the energy to reply to valid concerns about his claims. He wants us to care when he can't bother to hit the reply button.
 Aside from the fact that the U.S. already spends nearly that much from the federal government per capita now and we get no health care for it, and the fact that the NHS is always broke, provides daily horror stories for the newspapers and now denies care for any number of reasons, you may have a point.
 There is a strong correlation between media centers and Democratic performance. There are also several studies that show that the media creates a significant drag on Republican election performance often in the range of 2-3 points. I'm pretty sure it is possible to go to the source himself on this. 
 I'm sure they will find someone else to readily do half a trillion dollars a year of trade. What exactly is China supposed to propose? Perhaps they could start by letting the yuan float freely rather than at the "relaxed" peg they keep it at right now.