or Connect

Posts by trumptman

There's no proof of this and if someone feels they can prove it they should go to the government and it will be Amazon on trial. In the meantime again, no one can rationalize illegal behavior by saying someone else is imagined to be breaking the law but there's no proof, no trial and no judgement.
  Nothing within those articles supports your claim. The articles declare that BN was starting to lose a lot of money. They internally pondering switching to agency and apparently had one person "socialize" the idea to publishers. I'm not even sure what that is supposed to mean. What we do have from Apple is a clear and compelling series of phone logs, emails, and the actual signed agreements.     You seem to hurt your own argument here. Amazon was clearly an early...
  Incorrect. What Barnes and Noble testimony did was helped establish motive. BN testimony actually showed why Apple was the leader. Book publishers were not losing money. Barnes and Noble was losing money trying to gain marketshare against Amazon since they couldn't compete on price. Apple also knew they couldn't compete on price and thus the only solution, the solution both of them sought, was a conspiracy with book publishers to raise prices and limit competition in...
  It doesn't and didn't favor Apple. What it showed was that another late entrant to the party who couldn't innovate and couldn't compete devised the exact same plan as Apple did to turn around their fortunes and allow them to profit without having to innovate or improve their service. It wasn't dismissed. It was proof that great minds think alike when it comes to devising a plan to profit without improving or...
  Your ridiculous claim might have a chance of persuading if it could be shown that Apple had created an iTunes for Kindle app or iTunes for Android app, submitted it and had it declined. The point is that Apple hasn't and won't do this. Amazon has created all the apps that allow your purchased content to be used everywhere. Heck, they have even created apps to allow access to your content via a web browser. That is part of what shows Apple is uncompetitive and also how...
Here's the solution. Make the keyboard full size and fill in the remaining space that is larger than the iPad mini with some very nice sounding speakers and an extended battery for the mini. It will be larger of course but then you get some nice trade-offs for the larger size and can still remove the mini quickly from the larger sized case for when you need the smaller size. Someone needs to think of it more like a mini docking station rather than a cover that happens to...
  Are you somehow suggestion that Charles B. Rangel, who serves in the House of Representatives isn't in a position of power where he can influence employment prospects, morbidity, personal safety and that he does not have a public persona?   Your reasoning is crap because it stops the clock and never starts it again for the convenient sake of turning off logic and turning on the victim card for eternity. It's like you're stuck in 1962 but thank goodness it is 2013.
  Red herring, one does not need to have a monopoly to engage in the anti-competitive behavior Apple was found guilt of engaging in.     Apple was sued by 33 states (if I recall correctly), The Federal DOJ, and the EU as well. That is a pretty broad group all finding the same problem. It is certainly larger than Android fan boys.     I think you and others must not be reading this right.   Amazon and Barnes & Noble are not currently allowed to link from their native iOS...
I can't believe the replies in this thread. People would be furious if Microsoft disallowed iTunes on Windiows and only allowed content purchased through their own media store. Amazon, BN and other ebook resellers ought to be allowed to put their own stores back into their apps. It is more convenient for those of us using those apps and costs Apple nothing while generating bad will, bad press and legal judgements. Apple is not required to put Amazon or any other links...
We brought our business to them. I brought two iPhones from Straight Talk and two from Airvoice. AT&T coverage was a bit better where I live and would have been better during some of our vacation locations this summer but the Tmobile plan gives us unlimited everything and six gigs split among four phones for $130 a month total. The cost to benefit alon with free personal wifi hot spot is worth it to me.