or Connect

Posts by trumptman

Dailycaller   This is why we want a bigger and every more in control government? So they can be unresponsive and plead ignorance while undertaking actions to steal an election.       No one is dumb enough to buy this lie.   It's CRIMINAL       What is amounts to is a stolen election.
Obama's War on the Free Press.     Then there are Obama's illegal appointments and their lawless actions.   Nice to see that Obama is no different from Wallace and like most Democrats, will ignore any law, ruling or anything else that might inhibit his agenda. Obama has been a failure on so many fronts and it is clear he has used the power of the executive office to harass anyone who might report on it, rule on it, or challenge it. He is no different in his thinking and...
Politico.com - Lerner the Liar       I can understand where Issa is coming from on this matter and it makes sense to me. If you assert before the committee doing the questioning that you've violated no law, rule or regulation, then you've declared there is nothing for which you can self-incriminate. This wasn't any sort of off the cuff remark either. This was her statement to the committee while under oath.
Washington Post: Special Prosecutor Inevitable       This is going to get very, very ugly. The longer this takes to get addressed, the deeper the damage to the Democratic brand. People will never elect a person or party that they think will target them for political prosecution.
    Nothing about the article indicates their desire to be married. They've been together for three years. They have a fundraising page set up for attorney fees. They don't have one set up to drive or fly them up to a state that allows gay marriage so they can marry and come back down and slap the license in front of the judge. I understand they can't marry in Texas but my own uncle who is gay drove with his partner to Canada and they were wed there when marriage wasn't...
  Of course both can and should be taken care of but the reality is that the thread title is the harm caused by anti-gay bigotry and this and the example I provided related to statutory rape, are not examples of that. They are examples of gay people happening to get caught up in the same bad laws and heterosexual people.   Please post any follow ups to this story you find BR. Morality clauses are very seldom imposed by a court. They are usually requested by one party and...
  Sorry but in this instance these bad laws have been on the books for ages. The problem was that they were being applied to men, mostly young men or men to who were getting screwed over by the family court system. No one cared about these laws because per the reasoning of most progressives, men, especially white men, cannot be victimized. It is only when the type of victim changes that we care to examine how terrible these laws happen to be.   My mom worked in family law...
I assume they are being forced because that is the only way to comply with the law. Most people who are divorced don't want to jump right into another marriage and while I can't cite a study for it, I'd bet they cohabitate more before committing to a new marriage. These morality clauses restrict that. I read another story this morning that was very similar to what you posted about this. It involved an 18 year old lesbian girl being charged due to dating a 15 year old...
  Why do you consider someone being forced into marriage to have the state avoid controlling their lives to be a real recourse? You realize this morality clause goes both ways and that the father of these children cannot have anyone staying at his house while the children are there as well. Perhaps they could avoid the problem by getting married but that is completely secondary. This matter comes up for just as many heterosexual people because most people don't want to...
  You can't be for real. No one is suggesting Nirvana. The nation has no right to tell you to not to smoke, drink or cohabitate as an adult and they shouldn't just because you need a divorce. If anything you are simply moving the goal because after gay marriage is granted there will surely be gay divorce and with that there will still be the morality clauses telling consenting adults what they can and cannot do with their lives. Address the cause, not the fallout. This...