or Connect

Posts by trumptman

Apple's terms were enforced via the publisher agreements which said publishers went and enforced immediately after they signed the same agreement with Apple.
Apple's hands are tied because....they won't take less than 30% to even consider offering a sale.....this has nothing to do with a court decision BTW.... Meanwhile over at Walmart........  In case anyone else was keeping track, Amazon has lost every battle with a publisher that I have read about including with all publishers in the DOJ case related to Apple. All publishers demanded and forced Amazon to take their terms, not the reverse. Amazon has such a monopoly on book...
 Why does no one seem to mention this? Why do they contend that Amazon is going to make boatloads of money but loosing boatloads of money against competitors with much deeper pockets?
We are now up to 11.2.2 and I am still getting a crash in iTunes every couple days that didn't used to happen before. Hope Apple squashes the bugs soon.
I've tried a few of these comics now through the app. I don't see how it is any different from comics in the Kindle app.
 This is what a person calls made up nonsense. There is nothing in an agency agreement or wholesale agreement that declares the party must sell to Amazon or that they have to be forced into a loss on their on product by Amazon. If they don't like the price Amazon sells the product at, they simply don't sell them the product for resale. Amazon has an estimated 50% of the total book market and about 65% of the epub market. You mention wide availability. How does a website...
 1. There is no barrier to entry in the epub market. Anyone can and has set up a website. If publishers feel Amazon has predatory pricing. They could withdraw their books, put them on their own website and email to them Kindles. They can create their own apps and make them available on Android, iOS and Kindle. You site the multitude of apps available on iOS and declare that there is a barrier to entry that no one can climb. You just shot down point number one with your own...
 The fact that your argument fails the most basic forms of reasoning or fact checking doesn't mean I am ignorant. Rather it means your argument is illogical and won't persuade anyone lucid. DOJ LOST against Microsoft. The contention is that the government has no pretense of justice. The "facts" and "judgement" are preordained. The government LOST a show trial against Microsoft. They WON a show trial against Apple. They cannot get Amazon to toe the line and do their bidding...
 By the same reasoning Amazon doesn't control e-pub, but just sales in the Kindle format so they can do whatever they desire. Your first statement is a defense of Apple because Amazon is only deemed a monopoly or monopolist by folks upset that Apple broke the law. There hasn't been a hearing against Amazon. Amazon has not been found to have broken any laws. If I kept calling you a murderer over and over, you'd see the motive behind the unfounded allegation.  Control...
 Amazon is far from the only game in town. Both Google and Apple offer epub stores and both are much larger than Amazon in terms of cash, capitalization, etc. Your hyperbole is ridiculous. By not allowing Apple a fat profit, they've "shut down" everyone who wants to sell epub books. The claim is garbage and laughable.   The big loser would be the customer. When did it become so awesome to argue that Google, Apple and Amazon need more billions while we are all jerks for...