or Connect

Posts by trumptman

Well I am happy to report that with 11.2.1 (likely the former as well) that podcast syncing between iPods and iPhones has finally been fixed to my satisfaction. I know I'm not at all a typical podcast listener (IMHO) because I listen across multiple devices while I suppose most people have just moved on to their iPhones by now. Depending upon the features available in the new iPhone, I might finally join that group but for now I am happy that the prior means of syncing has...
I'm still here. I don't plan to check out until about 2070 or so.
  You literally are talking out both sides of your mouth with these two posts. In one Apple must persue revenue even at the cost of something as basic as losing a small bit of streaming revenue for gaining a good feature. In the other Apple has to let third parties flourish or else they won't sell iPhones due to lack of apps. It works both ways. Apple could also allow tagging and purchasing of songs through FM radio just like they do now with the Nano. You tag it and when...
I love podcasts so this is a welcome improvement for me. I still carry around my iPod Nano in part because Apple hasn't done enough with the podcast app on iOS and to cover those few small features that I am hoping Apple will add in a future iPhone.   I wish someone could get Apple to enable FM radio on the iPhone. Us gym rats don't always go to gyms where the television feeds are piped to the individual treadmill/cycles/etc. My Nano is basically used for podcasts,...
 Yep. While you have your opinion. I have a judgement backing my view.  No because as I mentioned, that was only part of the issue. Limiting the competition in the e-book field had a two fold purpose, push up the price of certain books (averages don't matter because the average book doesn't count for the majority of profits or sales) and second use those prices to support the sale of hard cover books. If Samsung stole from Apple and noted that there weren't real damages...
 I can't believe the fanboyism in this thread. People are screaming about basic legal concepts like trebled damages above the original damages and making it sound like it is someone working against Apple when these are regular parts of lawsuits. Apple was wrong. Point blank it has been proven a half dozen ways and can be grasped by anyone with reasonable and rational understanding of the matter. Apple was helping publishers push up the price of e-books not just so that...
 Well if a variable hasn't changed, then why is it considered? The point is that the Middle East has never been particularly stable.  No I don't see why you thought that. No one was screaming "No Blood for Oil" related to Cheney. It was related to Bush. Bush was president. Just like today no one is sweating Joe Biden.  The point is that the concerns and suffering from them is legitimate. Dismissal of them isn't legitimate. Millions are losing their health care. Millions...
 Were a problem? Has the Middle East stopped being a problem? That is the point. When has there been certainty in the Middle East? That said the U.S. is producing much more oil so aspects of that speculation should be less relevant than before. The role of government is indirect in terms of day to day pricing but direct in terms of oil leases, regulation, taxation, etc. They can dictate a lot and control quite a bit. In the U.S. a major pipeline to move oil has not been...
 I agree and will add that this has been the trend for a while. I will appreciate this in part because I used to keep my contacts available as well on my iPod Nano. I know the trend is away from this but iPhones do occasionally fail. They have limited battery life and can die at 9-10 PM depending upon how I used my phone that day. Could I still dial a friend if my car broke down? These are simple things and they are removed. Apple still hasn't kept their promise to...
 If you understand that about Russia, then I put your understanding ahead of the current president of the United States. Here in the U.S. the media has declared that anyone who considered Russia a problem was a 'relic of the 80's' and a 'warmonger' who wanted to stir up trouble to keep the U.S. military busy and well-funded. We were told that with President Obama has his empathy model that the world would become a calmer place and the U.S. would be more respected. Turns...