or Connect

Posts by trumptman

The criticism I read that was across the board was directed at Apple for their app store policy changes that forced everyone to alter their apps. That has also been true with the Mac app store and the sandboxing requirement.  It need not be the wild west. That is nonsense. Most apps now allow logging in using an array of accounts. The app could have allowed you to log in using your Amazon account or your apple account and Amazon would have offered a promotion available to...
 1. I never claimed 30% margin. Read more carefully. I said they take their 30% and a tidy profit. I said their margins are higher than Amazon's which is a true statement as well. 2. The average doesn't matter. The facts matter. The average books sells squat. The majority of books, like the majority of sales in most areas are of a narrow range or products. Apple itself understands this because they keep their product matrix small, focused and hit the areas of the market...
 Are you seriously suggesting that Amazon's margins are higher than Apple's? That would be the most absurd statement I've read in a while. Apple's goal with pricefixing was the raise margins for everyone by raising prices. Amazon is no more a monopoly in epub than Apple is with iTunes.
 Of they could but considering Apple doesn't offer an iBook for Android, Windows (phone, tablet or PC) and barely offers a decent client for Mac, it would significantly limit their market. The publisher could offer it on the Google Play Store as well. In fact the Play Store shows it available for pre-sale for $12.74. Apple hasn't been stopped from offering it either and has it for $12.99.  No. Apple hasn't been stopped from taking such actions. However Apple's current...
Well I am happy to report that with 11.2.1 (likely the former as well) that podcast syncing between iPods and iPhones has finally been fixed to my satisfaction. I know I'm not at all a typical podcast listener (IMHO) because I listen across multiple devices while I suppose most people have just moved on to their iPhones by now. Depending upon the features available in the new iPhone, I might finally join that group but for now I am happy that the prior means of syncing has...
I'm still here. I don't plan to check out until about 2070 or so.
  You literally are talking out both sides of your mouth with these two posts. In one Apple must persue revenue even at the cost of something as basic as losing a small bit of streaming revenue for gaining a good feature. In the other Apple has to let third parties flourish or else they won't sell iPhones due to lack of apps. It works both ways. Apple could also allow tagging and purchasing of songs through FM radio just like they do now with the Nano. You tag it and when...
I love podcasts so this is a welcome improvement for me. I still carry around my iPod Nano in part because Apple hasn't done enough with the podcast app on iOS and to cover those few small features that I am hoping Apple will add in a future iPhone.   I wish someone could get Apple to enable FM radio on the iPhone. Us gym rats don't always go to gyms where the television feeds are piped to the individual treadmill/cycles/etc. My Nano is basically used for podcasts,...
 Yep. While you have your opinion. I have a judgement backing my view.  No because as I mentioned, that was only part of the issue. Limiting the competition in the e-book field had a two fold purpose, push up the price of certain books (averages don't matter because the average book doesn't count for the majority of profits or sales) and second use those prices to support the sale of hard cover books. If Samsung stole from Apple and noted that there weren't real damages...
 I can't believe the fanboyism in this thread. People are screaming about basic legal concepts like trebled damages above the original damages and making it sound like it is someone working against Apple when these are regular parts of lawsuits. Apple was wrong. Point blank it has been proven a half dozen ways and can be grasped by anyone with reasonable and rational understanding of the matter. Apple was helping publishers push up the price of e-books not just so that...