or Connect

Posts by trumptman

Well if a variable hasn't changed, then why is it considered? The point is that the Middle East has never been particularly stable.  No I don't see why you thought that. No one was screaming "No Blood for Oil" related to Cheney. It was related to Bush. Bush was president. Just like today no one is sweating Joe Biden.  The point is that the concerns and suffering from them is legitimate. Dismissal of them isn't legitimate. Millions are losing their health care. Millions...
 Were a problem? Has the Middle East stopped being a problem? That is the point. When has there been certainty in the Middle East? That said the U.S. is producing much more oil so aspects of that speculation should be less relevant than before. The role of government is indirect in terms of day to day pricing but direct in terms of oil leases, regulation, taxation, etc. They can dictate a lot and control quite a bit. In the U.S. a major pipeline to move oil has not been...
 I agree and will add that this has been the trend for a while. I will appreciate this in part because I used to keep my contacts available as well on my iPod Nano. I know the trend is away from this but iPhones do occasionally fail. They have limited battery life and can die at 9-10 PM depending upon how I used my phone that day. Could I still dial a friend if my car broke down? These are simple things and they are removed. Apple still hasn't kept their promise to...
 If you understand that about Russia, then I put your understanding ahead of the current president of the United States. Here in the U.S. the media has declared that anyone who considered Russia a problem was a 'relic of the 80's' and a 'warmonger' who wanted to stir up trouble to keep the U.S. military busy and well-funded. We were told that with President Obama has his empathy model that the world would become a calmer place and the U.S. would be more respected. Turns...
http://www.thenewamerican.com/tech/energy/item/17834-thanks-to-fracking-u-s-will-pass-saudi-arabia-in-oil-production   The U.S. is getting ready to become the biggest producer of oil in the world, and gas here is still near record highs.   http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304250204579433442474053878   Even when people manage to keep a job, they are getting fewer paid hours at those jobs. This is of course within the context of the remaining...
 Feel free to go into full rant mode. We are going to watch China melt down economically soon and it will be because they have created massive debt to fund massive infrastructure in an attempt to maintain full employment. In the U.S. the infrastructure money is stolen via crony-capitalism and via entitlements. It is the same for health care where the federal government already spends as much money just on care for the elderly as most other countries spend on their...
 Health care has been broken every since the government every since government mandated wage freezes for World War II and employers started offering health insurance as a means to get around the wage freezes. Every market that the government participates in heavily becomes inefficient and has cost increases that outpace the rest of the economy and the rate of inflation. (Which they also cause via the Fed and money supply.) Higher education, medical care, more recently with...
 By that reasoning, needing to work to survive means you are trapped.
 The particulars of their plans are cringe worthy. They aren't even remotely price competitive. If you take the entire promo and apply it to your bill they almost become competitive with Tmobile. Sprint is god awful and now there are still rumors of them trying to buy Tmobile. I hope such offers are both rebutted and denied by regulatory agencies. Tmobile is really great in metro areas and even a bit out from them. When I travel from California to Arizona I get coverage as...
I checked on this deal this morning. I considered going with it for a year because I don't mind eating some of the upfront costs while the "rebate" of $200 per line comes in 90 days. It was actually a bit less per month however there were still several problems.   1. They wanted $35 per line to activate a sim and I have five lines. I'm paying $180 to activate five sims. 2. There isn't really any tools to limit the shared data. If a kid decided to stream Netflix without...