or Connect

Posts by trumptman

^^^^^^^^^^This for the win! I own a iPad Mini right now. I love the heck of the thing. Whoever is trying to hammer this point home about the range of colors fails to note the profile is exactly the same as the prior Mini. On top of that they fail to point out how it is a trade off by failing to note how the current Nexus 7 and most Nexus products are faulted for terrible battery life. The iPad Mini Retina kills the Nexus 7 on benchmarks and then to top it off, Anandtech...
 I'm sure if there were really a large number of people getting better deals, the Obama-friendly media would be more than willing to publicize and talk it up. They've already been doing it with the sub-par economic "growth" the U.S. economy has been undergoing. They chat every little bit of positivity as much as possible. The link also mentions big contributing factors from higher than average caloric consumption and higher than average consumption of illegal and...
 Hey except for the classic double posting, a decent post from jimmac with you know, links and stuff. The situation must be getting desperate now. How can it be worse? I mean we are well into the second Obama term now. There has been no real economic recovery. Inflation has been pretty massive even though government refuses to measure it. (I don't recall a typical fast food combo averaging near $7 during the Bush years as an example.) We have more people taking than...
 So we are to believe that when you elect a Democrat to solve the problems associated with electing a Republican, that the Democrat will not only keep the bad policy but double down on it. That's good to know and a really good reason never to vote for a Democrat. You don't get any new good, just double down on the bad. Others also called you out on the violent rhetoric. The left throws it around so much now that you can't even recognize it. Are we supposed to believe that...
 You understand the point here. The inner dialog we teach our kids. The problem solving process we take them through is very different for fatalists. Parents should teach their child to engage the world and become proactive in their management of themselves and their interactions. That fly on the wall would be very revealing indeed.
 Correlation between kids running into poles and politics. Well first I did label them as anecdotes. However we have a large and growing underclass that feels entitled, not responsible for making their through life. Instead of believing in causality or being deterministic, they believe in fate and that life is just happenstance. Those with jobs have them due to luck. Those who don't are just unlucky. Those who did well in school just lucked into the right brain and the...
All play, no work makes for an ever-present underclass.  Welcome to the present United States where you're an idiot for fighting the dependency and working full-time. I have to share two quick anecdotes that show how this attitude pervades my classroom. I had a parent become very upset that their child, who did next to know work, was failing my class. The child was regularly monitored in the course of doing what you do as a teacher. However when you have 31 children, you...
 Libertarian is not the same as liberal. The liberals are the antithesis of freedom right now with their centralized and top down view of the world. You will live right because Barack Obama and his spy agencies know what you are doing and will correct your stupid mistakes whether you want them to or not.
 Well commoditization isn't exactly a new concept. Apple is trying to keep their products unique and the question will be whether their innovation and ecosystem are enough to command a premium price that garners profits. At some point when all the prices of the parts that make the phone are reduced though, Apple either has to pass that on or include some new parts that demand the higher price. It has been noted that the profit margin on the "S" versions of iPhones is...
I've tried this but the Google Voice app already allows me to make cellular calls and since I have unlimited minutes I don't care about making wifi calls. It doesn't allow you to receive your sms messages from the same number within the app so it is pointless. Then on top of that I'd have to ignore the 600+ people I have as friends on FB with whom I message through that app and go try to hang at Google+ which is a ghost town.