or Connect

Posts by trumptman

NYTimes.com   This reasoning by Michael Moore is completely insane.   The ACA was crafted and passed exclusively by Democrats with massive majorities in both the House and Senate. However the reason it is terrible per Michael Moore is as follows. 1. It can't be criticized for fear of abating the president's enemies aka Republicans. 2. Republicans tried to expose that President Obama really wanted aka single payer. 3. Obamacare originated out of Heritage Foundation but...
 Preconceptions lead to prejudice. Did you read the article?  It's not that he "starts with the gays" it is that in this day and age "the gays" are part of the what you aren't allowed to talk about and thus it has been censored.  This is mentioned in the article. The Ten Commandments doesn't involved "the gays" either.  He mentions much more than sex. That said the author chooses what goes in and out of the article but notes that Phil talks almost continually about...
   Posting to say you aren't going to post is ridiculous. Either engage your fellow forum members or don't post saying you disagree but some failing of another member means you won't reply to the points you want to make.
 He doesn't say one leads to the other. You are correct that he considers them both to be sin but then so is everything else on the list. Has anyone read the actual article? As far as Phil is concerned, he was literally born again. Old Phil—the guy with the booze and the pills—died a long time ago, and New Phil sees no need to apologize for him: “We never, ever judge someone on who’s going to heaven, hell. That’s the Almighty’s job. We just love ’em, give ’em the good news...
 I understand your rationals but the point is that attaching a bunch of labels still makes it wrong. If the public elects you when they are misinformed, disconnected from reality and lacking in understanding, then right or wrong, they want you to act on what they voted. It is not appropriate to get into office or use public funds while in office to work against public interest declaring that said interest is labeled misinformed, etc. All the actinos here are justified by...
 The government is spendingt money fighting the generation population's viewpoint on a certain matter. You said the government spending money against those they are supposed to help is fine because it is "misinformation." Being a skeptic isn't misinformation. It means they don't buy the government views. This isn't like prosecuting a crime or preventing a health hazzard. The government should not be preventing common folk from expressing their viewpoints by taking their...
 Yes because if it isn't want the government wants, then clearly it is misinformation by default.
 Perhaps they sound more like each other but the pool is bigger and there are now four or five performers that fill each of the archetypes of "performer" that would have been filled in the prior generations. As an analogy I'll use fast food which I'm sure most people would never consider high culture. In the 80's McDonald's sold the Big Mac, Quarter Pounder and regular burgers. Each restaurant had their variations of that. However now you many different types of smaller...
 Don't be such an old man (and I say this as a 43 year old man who was certainly around in the 80's.) Every era has some innovative music and then it has a bunch of copycats. Look how many completely forgettable hair bands came from that era and have promptly been forgotten. I'd love an Oingo Bongo/Talking Heads reunion tour as much as the next guy but it isn't going to happen and there is plenty of new and interesting stuff now as well.  It is easier than ever to find...
I bought the album this morning. It's pure bedroom music and not to be crude but I'm not into deep philosophy while executing the outcomes from said bedroom music in said bedroom.   A lot of the tunes are nice-midtempo numbers. They are funky as hell. Plus Beyonce cooing in your ear makes it pretty easy to get ready for round 2,3,4.