or Connect

Posts by trumptman

Barack Obama has deficit spent more in one term than Bush did in two. Barack Obama has troops dying abroad in pointless wars. Barack Obama and his party in the Senate have not passed a budget in three years. Barack Obama promised us an economic recovery that has not arrived and jobs that never came into being.   However if we can get a talking point and start a thread about it every day, then perhaps none of these things will be important. People will forget...
    He should just drop the pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude and just be an asshole to everyone all the time like the thread starter. Then he could lash out at every one, dictate to them and then call them all manner of names if they didn't do his bidding.  
I support the Dream Act and support helping students and young folks like the one giving their personal story below.   Labels do create boundaries. However in this case they are describe accurate boundaries because they are discussing those who have come to the country in an illegal manner. Illegal is a negative thing. We define it as such in hopes that people will feel compelled to engage in legal acts. It's almost like we build all those jails, prisons and have those...
Memo to assholes who think they can decide who is allowed to participate and on top of that dictate to them who or what they can claim as influences....   Kiss my ass.
Movements like this are quite literally odd-ball reasoning where intent has taken the place of reality. As you note, the words they often want "dropped" are then reclaimed and used as forms of "empowerment" by the very communities that claimed harm by the word. It is a gigantic load of crap.
    I'm sorry but only in crazy Obama-defender land is a president somehow not responsible for the debt added during their term. It is called governing and leadership for a reason. The man had enough votes to pass whatever he wanted including Obamacare. The stimulus was his but as for the recession, did Bush get to excuse his tax cuts and other measures necessary to end the recession caused by the bursting of the tech bubble and lay them on Bill Clinton's feet? Were his...
You've got to count the credit cards too BRussell. Much like how some companies "purchase" marketshare with loss-leaders or by cutting deep into profit margins (see pretty much all Android phones) the numbers in isolation do not tell enough.   Obama added five trillion to the national debt. CBO has stated even within their pre-fed and doctored estimates that all we did was borrow from future growth and then lowered future growth due to increased costs in borrowing...
    However the point remains, they are just a group and not the conservative movement or platform. They are no different that pro-life Catholic Democrats who want all manner of items inserted into the platform.   Your own link tells the tale. Just mention it might involve birth control pills and watch an instant 21 point swing happen. If anything it shows that conservatives want nothing to do with banning contraception because at the mere whiff of it, in as your link...
Can he see it from his porch?
    You claim it would do this. I've not read anything that suggests it would outlaw commonly understood regular contraception. Regardless the votes for such amendments have failed and likely will continue to fail if such laws are badly defined because almost no one in either party is suggesting outlawing contraception. The exception never proves the rule. The vote in Mississippi, the most recent example I recall, failed. If it can't pass in Mississippi, then where would...