or Connect

Posts by cmvsm

First off, you really should do some research before bumbling off at the gums in front of a global audience. You've already been given a couple work related examples for the ipad at work. I'll give you another. Home Depot, one of the largest retailers in the world, requires their management teams to use ipads in conjunction with Salesforce.com in order to conduct daily business. The medical profession is also using the ipad and custom apps like never before. The list goes...
I do agree that once you purchase something like a movie or music, then it becomes yours to do with as you please on a personal level. However, the combo packs are great, as I do want a Blu-Ray copy and DVD/Digital copy. I don't have a Blu-Ray burner, plus the file size is too a large, to rip movies onto my computer and back them up on a separate external. The digital copy and DVD are redundant for the most part, but gives a little more latitude than one or the other.
Never said anything about the XBox. It's a closed system and developers have to work within its parameters. I view it the same as my sons PS3, Wii, etc. To your first question, yes, my experience simply takes me back to the same aggravating experiences that I had 8 years ago with Windows. There are simply too many existing variables with the variety of hardware and software available that makes that OS an abomination for the consumer. Now that you mention it, OSX is...
It is interesting that out of the 9 reviews, the 3 that still found laggy behavior in the Android OS, were some of the most notorious, being CNET, TechCrunch, and Time. Although I give credence to Gizmodo and Engadget, I'm still not convinced that there is still not an underlying problem with the Android OS that needs correction as blatant as Munn points out. I do know that whenever I'm sampling Android based, iPad type devices, there is always a lag in the UI. I just...
Wow, Android will have to go through another re-write to correct the ability to run a smooth touch interface? Talk about confusion among developers in an already confusing miss mosh of variables with this open source abortion. Good luck with that. I'll stick with iOS.
Wow...this thread derailed and went off into the woods for sure.
Better late to the party than never? Possible, but not probable. HP sounds like they are giving the Android platform time to turn into the abomination of what is now Windows Mobile with its implosion of an open source platform, pick up the baton, and compete with WebOS. The outcome will likely be the same, as they are just moving the starting point back to square one, and Apple's iOS infrastructure will have grown to an insurmountable beast, especially with the tv plans...
I'd probably have to disagree with you. Before Jobs reinvented Apple's computer lineup over the past decade, the market was flooded with box top PC's. The same old same old crap...box, monitor, keyboard, dangling wires, crappy OS, etc. Along comes the iMac, Mac Pro, OSX and Apple Stores that revolutionized the way the desktop computer was viewed, from aesthetics, to foot print, to internal design to operation. It had a premium price tag and the rest is history. Fast...
Go ahead and play with your numbers all you want. Your entire post is irrelevant to the topic.
You have to think beyond what is available now. You just listed a half dozen additional things that I have to hook up to my television in order to give it content, and a processor to use it. The applications are endless if Siri was a part of a television from controlling channels, content, entertainment, shopping, your home, networking, etc. This doesn't even account for the strides that will be made within AI interaction.For most, the television is the central piece of...