or Connect

Posts by cmvsm

Agreed. But it may cost Samsung much more in the future than they could possibly imagine. Not only is Apple becoming more diverse in iPad parts production, cutting some of the legs out from under Samsung, but if this Apple TV gains traction, it will be Sharp, not Samsung, that benefits from the panel production. This of course does not account for any new innovations that Apple has down the road. Samsung should have cut their losses a long time ago. Sacrificing a boat load...
I still really don't get this fight on Samsung's part. Their Galaxy Tab just gets lost in the sea of loser pads sitting not he shelf at Best Buy. Bar the iPad, none of the others are any better than the next, and at the end of the day, the Android OS is a loser on a pad device, and is simply sub-par in operation. How many of these things does Samsung think they will sell? Certainly not enough to recover the financial loss through lawsuits with Apple. They should have...
http://www.isuppli.com/display-mater...n-q1-2011.aspx
You are completely wrong with your assumptions. According to iSuppli Research, 39.5% of all TV purchases in Q1 of 2011 were in the 40" - 49" range. 25.5% of all purchases were in the 30"-39" range, and 22.7% of purchases were in the 50" and larger range. This accounts for roughly 88% of all purchases, and the average price paid was $1,022 for LCD's and $2,373 for 3D LCD's. So it does add up, and Apple is targeting these very customers with the new offering. Again, better...
You sound like the critics when Apple was rumored to deliver the iPod that said "Every manufacturer already has an mp3 player". You are missing the big point. Yes, every manufacturer has some kind of Smart TV, but they are still clunky at best. I have a new Samsung that has multiple streaming issues, the 3D piece is a joke, and without my Apple TV, forget about it being aligned with all of my devices. So in essence, what's in place is a major fail, and the television...
^^^THIS^^^ Android may roll market share by the sheer volume of phones, however, if every platform is a little different from the next, which makes a nightmare scenario for any developer, then sheer volume will matter very little.
Apple stock is slated to hit $500 in the next quarter. Where is Microsoft headed? I'll tell you where. Virtually the same price that they were in 2005. I know because I owned a boat load of it and it was a dog, still is a dog. The problem is their innovation department is sub par. The current slate of OS's that they have are horrendous (just bought my kid a netbook and it was an extreme headache to even setup to a network), and I'm not sure what focus group was consulted...
I just bought a netbook for my 6 year old son. The thing was only $160, but hey, he's only 6 and will probably drop it/use and abuse. I was very hesitant on Windows 7. I haven't owned anything Windows based in 8 years. Anyhow, opened it the other night to setup for Christmas, and it was having all kinds of problems hooking into my network. Mind you, I have 4 Apple systems in my house and 2 iPads, and they all connect with no effort at all. Doesn't matter if I unplug,...
Yeah, there's a name for it. Monopoly.
This is a bogus ruling. It basically states that if I'm an inventor, someone is free to copy my device as closely as possible, just as long as they don't have as wide of distribution channels as I do, or their reputation isn't quite up to par with mine, thus resulting in poor sales. I've never heard of such a thing, as one has nothing to do with the other. I could careless if they sell one unit, infringement is infringement, and this ruling sets a dangerous precedent for...