or Connect

Posts by cmvsm

Samsung went from geek to sheik after the iPad came out. Their tablet attempt looked like a large Sony PSP (Probably copied that too), and their phone was a complete abomination. Based on these pictures, I can't believe they are even having a trial. Guilty as charged. Let's move on.  
MS should have just opened a guru bar and left it at that. If they charge money, that in itself will generate lots of revenue. Beyond that, I'm not sure what exactly it is that they are going to showcase, as they don't actually make computer hardware. I suppose they could set up a couple of couches for customers to play X-box. Or perhaps a 'down memory lane' section where they have the long retired Zune and Windows players. I would guess their new Windows 8 will take...
iPad with a kickstand? Sounds like Microsoft was snooping around again to come up with their recent design. MS has built their fortune on the copying and stealing from other companies. I don't suspect anything has changed with Ballmer at the helm.
Disagree. The product was half baked coming into the market. Outside of books, the infrastructure is pathetic. The browser leaves something to be desired and the whole thing just feels on the cheap. This of course doesn't include the fact that the product loses money on each sale. My mother has one and will be using the Fire as it was intended. And that would be as a stepping stone to the iPad. When the 7" iPad comes out, Amazon can shut the lights off and close the door...
  The iPad will bring Apple back into the enterprise fold. It has already started. The typical desktop PC will take a back seat to portability as a mainstream in a couple of years, if not less. Desktops will still be needed, but the quantities, up front and on-going investments, will lesson, opening the door for some the best of Apple's workstations. It's only a matter of time before the enterprise community gets 'tapped' in to Apple's ecosystem. Same principal as the...
Once Windows 7 is forgotten about and Windows 8 and surface flops, MS will be back sniffing around for more profits, just like they did last time. May not be 2013, but the software will be back on the Mac platform. Interesting thing is that I use a Windows based laptop for work and my iMac at home, and the Mac versions of Office have always looked better and worked more efficiently on my Mac. Stupid but true.
I do like the innovative cover that doubles into a keyboard. That said, I have a cover for my iPad and rarely use it, except on the occasional plane trip. It would be just another thing to carry when I simply can type on the virtual keyboard. I'm not typing novels after all.  I also have an iMac, and they both serve their purposes. Again, the main difference is the OS. Windows doesn't have it now, and I doubt that they will have it in Windows 8, 9, or 10. 
Blackberry 10 delayed until Q1 of 2013. Might as well close the doors now and at least walk away with 'some' pride. Nothing like continuing to stay at the blackjack table after you've had 10 losing hands and starting to pull out the credit card.
So they've decided to go the 'no profit' route of Amazon? Yeah, smart move....
The ONLY reason that many corps haven't switched is 'perceived' cost of learning and adapting to a new OS. If they factored in Windows OS costs in terms of field down time, costs associated with support lines, sending computers in for repair or reformat, lost productivity, etc., I think that they find out that switching to Mac OS would be cheaper in the long run, but most companies are short run minded these days. My company still uses Blackberrys due to the same...