or Connect

Posts by cmvsm

Numbers are numbers based on current data. You've given nothing but conjecture and ill informed opinion. Have to say I'm disappointed in your response Slappy. Thought you could do better.
You conveniently left out the profitability piece Slappy. What good is market share or activations if it doesn't result in profits? Answer: Nothing. By 2016, paid download revenue for apps is projected at $2.86 billion for the iPhone, with only $1.5 Billion for Android, despite its wider base and activations. Reason for that is Android whores out the lower price point and most of those activations are dummy phones. As the Android platform becomes more fragmented, updates...
The Windows phone will go the way of Windows Mobile. MS just loves to beta all over their potential customers, which makes this DOA before leaving the crime scene. Either way, this Google report gives the speculators and hedge fund investors an excuse to pull a few points away from Apple shares so that they can bath in the windfall of next week's report out. What a bunch of BS.And in other reports, Apple surges in Q3 as Android share collapses due to iPhone 4s launch....
Why would you quote a strength of Apple and Droid as having quickly progressing hardware, but link to a game that was made in 2008? There's no comparison to the hardware stats of an iPad 3 versus the iPad 1. The expectation is a quad core processor, high end GPU, and retina display. The developers are merely scratching the surface of graphical and immersion potential with current iOS games such as Metal Storm, Dead Space, Dungeon Hunter 2, Infiniti Blade, and The Bards...
I have been playing games for 30 years myself, and back in the early 80's, if you recall, there was a video gaming crash' caused primarily by the introduction of too many low quality games into the market which lost consumer confidence. I think that the same thing is happening with console gaming to an extent, which directly translates to handhelds like the PSVita and Nintendo. The prices are too high and only certain games reach epic status. This is responsible for the 6...
Kindle Fire is no more than a gateway drug for the iPad. My mother has a Kindle Fire, and after roughly 15 minutes of use, I was scratching my head wondering what I should do with it. The browser however is much faster than I had read in the reviews.
Must really suck to be a spokesperson for a company that virtually copies every move of the competitor. And over here we have the "lighted keyboard"! Ohh aaahhh. And guess what folks, this next laptop will have a completely all aluminum chassis! Ohh aahhh. I'd have to quit that gig.
Competing? With what new 'game changing' technology? Answer is that there has been no innovative technical game changers over the last few years. Can you actually stand in front of the wall of LCD's at any given big box and see a discernible difference, no matter which quality you are looking at? What's the difference between the $1500 set and the $3000 set? You either have to be a gear head to know, or need to ask a sales associate, as most of them don't know because you...
This progress is in line with the Feds 'Beige Book' reporting. Seems that after small and medium businesses were polled across the country this quarter, not only is business getting better, it's getting better on the high end, with consumers buying the more expensive products. It was noted that the 'middle class', is confusing as they are not adhering to a 'middle class' budget. Given that's all Apple deals with gives credence to this new 3rd place positioning and a great...
My company used to do the Dell thing. Machine was an extreme POS. I think that this pretty much applies to all manufacturers, as we have HP now, and the machines are just as unreliable. The breakdown is not the hardware, its the Microsoft OS. I believe that Dell once tried to get Apple to license OSX to them in 2009. Steve Jobs of course laughed at the thought, but Michael Dell at least knew where the weakness was in his offerings.