or Connect

Posts by techno

Disgusting Over the top Jackasses !
As I look at the de-list web page, I do not see how it verifies you are the proper person. Can it only be done if you have kept the same number? What if you have switched numbers and you cannot receive a text to that old number you want to de-list. I am assuming that number will be reassigned to someone else at some point. Will that new person have trouble registering it with iMessage?
 Maybe I am reading this wrong. If the user no longer has their iPhone, how is the person supposed to receive a confirmation code to confirm their intent? Is it going to be sent to your new phone? If so, what stops a stranger or an ex-girlfriend or boyfriend from deregistering someone else? I am sure I am reading this wrong, right? Upon further thought, I realize that the authentication must be through your iCloud.
Absolutely correct! I would much rather buy 2 songs for $1.98 than one song for $1.29
I don't think this is what Tim Cook meant when he said "over the long arc of time."
 That is not the point. The petition itself can raise awareness and sway public opinion. As Time Cook said it is the consumers that will make the decision in the end.
In Canada, we use our debit cards for purchases all the time. In fact, it is much easier than always having enough cash in your wallet. Yes, it comes directly from the checking account. It is not so bad. However, I do not know how similar our Interac system is to the CurrentCThat system. That being said, I will not support companies like Walmart that actively block ApplePay, which is far superior.
For someone living in Canada with an American credit card, I wish ApplePay was not restricted in the software, but instead by your physical location. In other words, why shouldn't I be able to use this and add a credit card? 
What I never seem to read in any of these threads is that many of these new features will not work for a lot of people. Handoff requires bluetooth 4.0 LE. Dongles and adapters will not work. If you do not have this newer bluetooth, forgot about many of the cool new features.
Not in Canadian store yet.