or Connect

Posts by JavaCowboy

Somebody mentioned in another thread (can't find it) that they were looking to convince somebody (probably a relative) to buy a MacMini, but that potential customer had hear negative comparisons, and that the poster was looking for counter-arguments against the "you can get a cheaper equivalent computer from Dell" argument. This column is a detailed, methodical and convincing analysis of why Dell's bargain-basement trash is substantially inferior to a MacMini, despite...
(I had to space out D, :, and \\ , otherwise, I'd get smiley faces) This is what I see in the text file: NameArtistComposerAlbumGroupingGenreSi zeTimeDisc NumberDisc CountTrack NumberTrack CountYearDate ModifiedDate AddedBit RateSample RateVolume AdjustmentKindEqualizerCommentsPlay CountLast PlayedMy RatingLocation Don't Turn the Lights DownSouldConfessionsDance4075188254\ t429/09/2004 9:10 PM19/01/2005 9:38 PM12844100MPEG audio file D : \\ Documents\\My...
I have a Windows PC, but I ordered a MacMini and will be transfering my files to it, including my MP3 collection and my playlists. Recently, I had to do a fresh resintall of Windows. While my MP3s were saved and I'm still able to sync up with my iPod, I lost all my playlists. They're still in iTunes, but they're empty. The first time I ran iTunes, it asked me to scan my harddrive for MP3 and I ended up with duplicates of every single MP3 I had. I had to clear my...
From your experiences, do you think there's a significant difference between a G4 PowerPC 1.25GHz and 1.42GHz? I'm trying to decide between buying the higher end Mac Mini with 1.42GHz and an 80 Gb harddrive and 512 Mb of RAM, or the 1.25GHz and upgrading to an 80 Gb harddrive and 512 Mb of RAM. What do you think?
I'm about to order the MacMini, but I just can't decide whether or not to include a SuperDrive. What are the pros of having a DVD burner? Is there software to burn DVD movies? Can data DVDs I burn be read with any run-of-the mill DVD-ROM? Is Apple's DVD burner the best of the competing standards?
I know this is a stupid question, but I can buy USB adaptors for my PS 2 mouse and keyboard? Also will a generic USB hub do for the USB port on the Mac Mini? 2 USB ports will not be enough.
I'm a PC user who's been sitting on the sidelines waiting for an affordable Mac. Now I've found one. Before I order a Mac Mini online, I had a few questions: 1) What's the best way to back up my data on a Mac? I was thinking of getting the harddrive split into two partitions, one for the OS and applications, the other for my data, just like I've done with my PC harddrive. I'm wondering if this is worthwhile, or the Mac way of doing things. 2) Do I have the...
*Sigh* For those of you too lazy/illiterate/ignorant/indifferent to actually read any of my posts in their entirety, let me reiterate my carefully formed opinion, based on the utmost reflection, one more time: 1) Leaking corporate information, as long as that coporate information doesn't involve illegal or immoral acts by the corporation or individuals with in it, is wrong. 2) Encouraging such leaks (as long as the information isn't illegal or immoral), is also wrong. 3)...
I'm bringing up a legitimate point about journalists being forced to reveal their sources setting a dangerous precent for freedom of the press anywhere. YOU're childish for calling my argument childish.
First of all, congratulations for coming up with a coherent counter-argument to my intial post, which is more than I can say for most of the others who have replied. I can respect someone who has the courage to address the substance of my argument, even if I happen to disagree with that person. This is in sharp contrast to the Apple zealots in this forum (which I hope are only a small minority) who would defend Apple of pretty much anything and engage in these sorts of...