or Connect

Posts by JavaCowboy

I think the headless Mac will totally change the dynamic of the PC market. I've been dying to ditch Windows for months now, but I've been putting off the purchase of an iMac. The headless Mac has basically clinched the decision for me. Unless the hardware specs are incredibly dissapointing, I WILL be buying it. Consider the number of Windows users that want to switch but want to keep their monitors, or who are put off by the high price tag of either an iMac or eMac,...
What about Montreal? The closest independent Apple store is way north of downtown. There were no iMacs on display downtown until early this month.
OK. I guess I bought into the myth that most Mac users insist that "all you need is one mouse button", and don't bother getting another mouse. In this case, all I need to do is get a USB adapter for my Logitech PS/2 mouse, and I'll be golden.
Actually, I recently had a problem with my PC and had to replace it with somebody else's second-hand PC. I migrated my second harddrive, which had all my music and the iTunes XML file. I had to do a fresh install of iTunes on the new PC, but pointed my new iTunes to the new folder. The result was that my iPod and iTunes on the new PC were still in sync. So this actually makes sense. I guess the key would be to ensure that my MP3s and the iTunes XML file retain the same...
Obviously, there are several ways to do this: 1) Load Windows files into iPod and upload them to Mac. 2) Load external USB harddrive with Windows files and upload them to back. 3) Burn a whole bunch of data CDs and read them with Mac etc... What's the BEST way to go about this that you could recommend?
I know the eventual ship date of Tiger (OS 10.4) is unknown and that there's lots of speculation about it. By when do you think Apple will ship a STABLE version of Tiger? Obviously, version 10.4.0 will have some bugs and kinks to work out, so that will definitely not be the right time to buy the OS. This will help me decide when to buy an iMac and join the Apple world. If a stable version is expected in March, I'll wait until then to make my purchase. If a stable...
This is probably a stupid question, but I'll ask it anyway. Can I transfer files from an iPod that was formatted in Windows to a Mac? I use my iPod as a large USB drive (in addition to music, of course). Would I be able to just plug in my iPod to a Mac and copy over all my files? I'm aware that I need to reformat the iPod on Apple in order to sync up my music on it.
I didn't know which section to post this question in, since it's a gray area. In Windows/Linux, I'm used to using my mouse's scroll wheel to scroll up and down documents, especially web pages. Seeing as Apple sells mice with a single button and no scroll wheel, my initial reaction was that this scrolling operation was impossible on a Mac. However, I realize that many GUI operations on a Mac are sometimes radically different from Windows and Linux, in many ways...
As some of you may know, the Canadian dollar is rising at a frenetic pace against the US dollar. Being a Canadian, this is generally a good thing, except that this exchange rate hasn't been reflected in the prices of many goods, including Apple products. However, it looks as though Apple is in fact passing on the benefits of improving exchange rates to Canadians. I compared the prices for the Canadian and US Apple Stores online for iMacs, the latest version of which...
I'm a PC user (Windows and Linux) who wants to join the Apple world, but is waiting for the right time to buy. If Mac OS X were available as an x86-compatible operating system, I would already be running it on commodity hardware. There are several compelling reasons for me to run Mac OS X: 1) Excellent user interface, which is light years ahead of both Windows and Linux 2) Unix/ Open source tools, including command line tools, Fink, X Windows, and the ability...