or Connect

Posts by aplnub

Newest 27" iMac Spec's: 2.93 GHz QC i7 with a Western Digital WDC WD1001FALS-40Y6A0 1 TB drive.
I wonder if the X-gale will make it's way into 2.5" HDD enclosures. Seems like 1TB of affordable storage is almost here. I just purchased a 240 GB 2.5" drive last night from OWC to put in my MBP 13" (latest model). It really touched the wallet to make the move but I am hoping for a nice return on responsiveness.
I have two 27's. First and second gen models. I notice the hdd sound on my new one more but it is present on both. Never gave it a second thought really.
I have the OWC branded SSD coming in 250 GB size. We shall see the difference.
Did you consider going with an SSD hard drive? Which MBP do you have? I have a new 13" MBP and have not opened this one up yet. I was wondering if you found the unibodies harder to open compared to the replaceable battery models which were very easy to open and tinker.
After playing around with a 2 GB ram / 128 GB HDD new 11.6" MBA, I am wondering if purchasing a 250 GB SSD HDD by Intel and installing on my current 13" Mac Book Pro would be a wise move. I could not believe how the 11.6" MBA seemed 10 times faster than my 13" MacBook. I see a lot of talk about trimming and what not that may give problems down the road. Anyone have any advice regarding moving from 250 GB 2.5" HDD to a 250GB SSD HDD?
Has anyone had a chance to run VMWare Fusion on an 11.6" MBA? If so, what is your experience like (fast, slow, comparable to my 13" MBA, etc.) Version of Windows you are running Windows apps most often used 11.6" Ram and HDD spec's. Thanks!
How long before and who buy RIM?
If you mean Mac Pro's loaded out, I disagree. No way they kill that line. I have a system that needs another Mac Pro (12 core) in place to run an internal service at work. No machine except the XServe or MacPro has the horsepower to do this. There is no way Apple kills the Mac Pro. I have considered the Xserve in the past but it just didn't fit our needs. I could easily see how it may fit other's needs and I am curious to why Apple has done this. To me, it doesn't make...
On my iMac, which way is the top?