or Connect

Posts by aplnub

You can't make calls with Google Voice using VOIP so I imagine that is why they made it iPhone only. Still dumb to limit the devices as I use GV Mobile + for my Google Voice needs since it is great for texting on an iPod Touch or iPad without having to have a real phone. The Push Notifications are the best thing about the Official Google App. Beyond that, it is basic, has few options, and after all this fuss and long wait, underwhelming. GV Mobile + is still king. If...
Sorry to have been so fast to post an incomplete response. First, it boots as fast as the new MBA. I've timed it as fast as 16 seconds but routinely gives an 18 seconds to login screen. Obviously, not that big of a deal but is very noticeable. Second, after logging in, it takes one second to load all my services and be ready to use. I have Growl, Syncman, Quicksilver, and several more. I mean one second before the computer is ready to use. It is crazy. My notebook has...
It's in and it's fast. Maybe intel will get their drives out soon because I need another one for a mini.
No resolution independence. Not cool.
My older iMac i7 Quad Core 2.8 GHz has a hard drive - ModeltST31000528ASQ It is no louder than my WD.
Whoever thought this idea up, Apple needs to grab. That is truly a cool product. Imagine if VZW had thought of this a year ago with a normal phone plan. Wow!
Thanks. I appreciate your thoughts. It seems the UniBodies are much easier to open but looks can be deceiving sometimes. Regarding your HDD, I understand that people need space. My brother is one of them. He needs the space and is interested in a 1TB drive. For some reason, I have always used my notebooks as satellite machines. I mostly work off the iDisk regarding file storage. I really just load the Apps I need and no more. This way if something happens, not a big deal...
Newest 27" iMac Spec's: 2.93 GHz QC i7 with a Western Digital WDC WD1001FALS-40Y6A0 1 TB drive.
I wonder if the X-gale will make it's way into 2.5" HDD enclosures. Seems like 1TB of affordable storage is almost here. I just purchased a 240 GB 2.5" drive last night from OWC to put in my MBP 13" (latest model). It really touched the wallet to make the move but I am hoping for a nice return on responsiveness.
I have two 27's. First and second gen models. I notice the hdd sound on my new one more but it is present on both. Never gave it a second thought really.