or Connect

Posts by aplnub

That is a lot of money for a "free" OS that is "open."
I remember them and that was a long time ago. Would you say that OSX is simple as well? Probably not. Very complex OS that makes it seem simple. Time will tell. I could be wrong. I would be surprised if Apple moved completely away from x86 chips that supports Windows. Let's face it, that alone helped them become more main stream by virtual support of Windows at near native speeds.
Read esummers posts. I completely agree with both of you. Why not embed an inexpensive ARM chip to handle the lightweight stuff and have a low power Intel to get the heavy weight as needed? Maybe too much trouble but where will OSX be in two years? Who knows. Maybe the last cat name is tied to a bigger, new era of Mac computing. If Apple can make their OS efficient "instruction" wise to a processor that is designed around the OS, they will eliminate the need for normal...
My 11" MBA 2010 runs just fine. I can't really tell a difference on anything I do between it and my Quad-Core 27" mid-2010 2.93 GHz. There are exceptions but the SSD drive in the MBA levels the playing field. I would imagine that hand brake would run MUCH slower on an MBA if it had a optical drive in it. Other than that for me, I think for most people, it is not completely unreasonable to assume an advanced A6 quad core ARM chip may in fact be suitable for MBA's.
Did you really just say those rumors belong on a rumor site??????????????
$69 for physical drive or you can download it for $29 and place it on anything you want. I don't see the problem here. Seems Apple has provided something for both camps.
I could be wrong but citing my memory when Apple actually states a month or season for releasing something specific, they tend to drag it out to the last second. I am beginning to think Lion will be the same way. I would imagine they want as many approved Lion apps as possible in the MAS on launch day.
My 11.6" is the perfect size for being able to use a computer and travel. I stopped complaining about this when it came out. The aspect ratio of the screen mixed with light weight is awesome. I always wish for more battery life but I can't complain about 6 hours in that form factor.
As long as Windows requires x86 instructions, Apple will have x86 processors because virtualizing is a big deal, IMHO. But it is Apple we are talking about so who really knows.
It's not solely about purchasing questionable goods but desalting them. I'd love to know how a teenager found a Chinese business man with legit white iPhone parts many months in advance.