or Connect

Posts by aegisdesign

Obviously he is although I avoided Roughly Drafted for it's stinky content not the attitude. So, RSS unsubscribed. Really can't be bothered with AppleInsider these days. That's a pity as it's historically been the best of the rumour sites, but these misguided fanboy opinion pieces are just too much. They're just so at odds with what other commentators are writing about the state of Apple today eg. http://db.tidbits.com/article/9784 or...
DED... "Again, Google isn't targeting Android toward the iPhone, but rather at mobile software markets represented by BlackBerry, Palm, Linux, Windows Mobile, and Symbian. " Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha,...
Why is that a big deal? If you don't want to 'deal' with separate memory cards, don't fiddle with the slot ever.
The N96 is free in the UK on £45 tariffs, as is the iPhone. You've got to then add data to the N96 though so at the moment they're a little more expensive but not much. I'd expect it'll drop in price in the next few months though as all phones do (other than the iPhone). it's new and they're just mopping up the early adopters. N95s for instance are now on PAYG and free on £30 tariffs.
Not having to worry about a missing feature adds to the convenience ? I see. It's no different than the external SIM slot on the iPhone really, except of course most SDHC slots are spring loaded and don't require a 'special tool' to swap SIMs. Ah, but then with only one carrier, you're not likely to swap SIMs often - again, Apple adding to the convenience eh? Really though, I don't think storage is a big deal. If you've a slot then it's a no brainer to upgrade instead of...
In what way is having it built in more elegant? Has having it built in already been a big selling point?
32GB SDHC are about £70 inc VAT here in the UK. 16GB are about £20.
Home activation would presumably have to come back online for O2's rollout of Pay&Go iPhones at the beginning of October here in the UK. I'd also like to see AT&T, O2, Orange etc offering SIM only iPhone PAYG schemes that would allow tourists to buy a SIM that worked locally with their iPhone. Ie. Not a full SIM unlock, just a local unlock for the period the phone is in that country.
Not really. Most of the competition have SDHC slots so you can stick a 32GB card in and even switch cards should you need more.
And who said you Americans couldn't do satire. Fantastic job.