or Connect

Posts by aegisdesign

So you don't think the ability to use SDHC cards is a plus? I do it all the time. I've a card with TomTom on which I stick in when I need it. TomTom is a relatively large application and set of data (about 700Mb). Otherwise I use another card for storing music. I've a couple of cards with different songs on....and you never run anything from even the Apple default locations of /Developer or /Applications/Utilities ?The reason for that is Apple's dumb Software Update...
Hint: try it from a Nokia phone.
Welcome to the Nokia Store and 9,834 applications...http://www.download.nokia.com/
Or 16% according to Gartner.http://www.infoworld.com/article/08/...to_slow_1.htmlNokia haven't had a new smartphone out in almost a year now. The N96 is just launching now.I think there's many reasons peculiar to the US market that meant Nokia didn't sell phones there, not entirely of their own making. Your carriers are luddites in general for example and you had this strange affliction called flip phones.I don't think so. Apple are taking market share away from...
They mean via O2's network or via BT OpenZone and The Cloud Wifi hotspots, which aren't usually free. If you've a free open wifi network you can of course use that instead.
Daniel, It's kind of simple really. Work out your stats for the USA and the rest of the world, not combined. I suspect when you do, you'll find out that Symbian grew in line with the markets it competes in whereas Apple grew in line with the markets it competes in and the growth for Apple has come from growth in addition to the underlying trend. The USA and the rest of the World are two entirely separate markets when it comes to phone preferences. But all this blinkered...
I don't know enough about IMEI numbers but it did occur to me that they were presuming both that the IMEI was sequentially allocated and only to Apple phones. Could there be a gap in the allocation or even a big block of IMEI numbers that went to say LG?
Leaving market share aside for the moment. Symbian's phone sales have risen 5% which I suspect isn't that far off track for the market rate in the markets they compete in. In general, the phone market is DOWN not up. They don't really sell any phones in the USA but most of the smartphone market growth is in the USA with the iPhone at the expense of non-smartphones, not at the expense of Symbian. The USA has discovered smartphones a few years after they've plateaued...
My sister has a Blackberry. She works for Vodafone (no not in a store) so she gets pretty much any phone free. I find that too woefully inadequate and buggy compared to my SE P910i from 2004. They're like something out of the 90s by comparision. I've stuck with the SE P910i till something much better comes along. I had a 990i for a while but it was slower and buggier and didn't sync with a Mac unlike the P910i. iPhone 3G is probably good enough to do 70% of what I'm used...
Er, second attempt or did the previous iPhone 2G not count as an attempt? And it's a little rich quoting Symbian's actuals against an analyst's predictions. Also, what is the point in showing graphs of market share and sales that stop at Q3 2007 in an article about Q2 2008 sales/share? Isn't that a little silly and undermining your argument? The second graph showing percentages of each territory is also as much use as an iPhone camera in a dark room. It doesn't show the...