or Connect

Posts by aegisdesign

That isn't how PAYG works. You buy £10 of credit and it lasts indefinitely, not 1 month. Sometimes the carrier requires you to top-up at least every 6 months though.If you don't use you phone for outgoing calls or text very often then stumping up the £350 for the iPhone may be a couple of hundred pounds cheaper than the contract version.eg. PAYG - £350 + 6months * £10 for the data after the 12 months free = £410. Add in say £10 a month for calls/text = £590.Contract - £99...
For non-iPhones you have to have used it for 12 months on their network before O2 will unlock it. For the iPhone they don't offer unlocking. Both are bollocks.
Not me. It seemed like they'd HAVE to at some point if they wanted to continue with music players. I don't know how many non-iPods are sold now but most people I see are either using an iPod or their phone for music now. I think I've been pretty consistently saying that too. The SE Walkman phones were as good as if not better than their actual walkmans some years back already.I still think it's a little odd they came up with such a huge yet thin laptop. I was waiting for a...
I've never seen a Mac used in the health service here in the UK, maybe the US is different, but here everything is Windows based with the same kinds of crappy Access/VB apps common in crappy offices. Secondly, in hospitals I'd guess they'd need special tablets that aren't going to be harbingers of MRSA.
The MBA's market is enormous compared to a multitouch tablet Mac. A tablet Mac is a gimmick looking for a market. Who wants greasy fingerprints on their laptop screen? It's just silly.
£5 says there won't be a Tablet Mac from Apple ever. I think it's an incredibly stupid idea.
They'll only SELL you a non-smartphone on their website with Pay&Go although in store they'll bend that rule if you ask them. You can USE any phone on Pay&Go - just switch the SIM and provided the phone is unlocked or an O2 phone, it should work. Other retailers, such as the Carphone Warehouse for example, will sell you a Nokia N95 on O2 Pay & Go - http://shop.carphonewarehouse.com/pa...lack/o2/pagcn/ - for £449.95 so the iPhone at £349 isn't bad at all, especially with...
The tariff information in the AI article is not right. The default tariff on a SIM on O2 Pay and Go is called 'Favourite Places' but you can pick from any of the others too... http://www.o2.co.uk/mobilestariffs/t...o/paygotariffs You can change tariffs once per month so you could go from the 500 free minutes from home tariff to the unlimited texts for £10 tariff or whatever suits. Then there are also the Bolt...
One can hope. No legacy crap. No carbon. 64bit only.I'd forgotten that one. Every time I see the pointer turn into a B/W Mac pointer a little bit of me dies, though maybe not as much as the multi-colour beachball. But then I'm an ex-BeOS guy, which had nothing of the sort even on the dual Celeron 333Mhz machine I used to run it on.
iTunes is a Carbon application. IIRC it's the only Carbon app Apple now ships in iLife. It's the perfect example of a System 7 application dressed up badly. eg. - the Preferences and Info window not having the red/yellow/green buttons and instead having OK/Cancel - the Toolbar isn't configurable. - No spell checking in the text areas I would guess that iTunes 8 might be Cocoa but they're having difficulty cramming in all the crap they've crammed in to iTunes 7.x and...