or Connect

Posts by aegisdesign

ok, but nearly all of Sony's W phones have 3.2mp cameras or better, flash and video. The K series has been replaced by the C series, including the 8.1mp beauty I mentioned earlier but they were cracking cameraphones. Most of them had the same music software as the W series. They also have the M and the P series of smartphones and now the X series. Apart from the M series, they usually have 3.2mp cameras or better with flash and video too. Apple is just behind and there's...
Wasn't it established that the Aluminium iMac TFT Panel under the glass was the same anti-glare coated panel as the previous generation matte-iMac? ie. take the glass off and you have a screen that looks like the old one, but brighter because of the increased backlight they now need to get past the added glass.
Symbian has no user interface at all. Symbian is just the core OS. In OSX terms it's Darwin. The issue you mention doesn't apply to Symbian at all. On top of Symbian there are various user interfaces - S60 is Nokia's two button and joystick interface, UIQ is Sony Ericsson's touch interface, S80 is Nokia's touchscreen interface used on the older communicators and MOAP is used on some of the Asian phones. Despite that there's 1000s of applications for each of the UIs that...
I could have sworn they added a flash over the older W880 but anyhoo, my point was more that even in the really thin phones (and the iPhone isn't one of those), the camera is at least on paper better and I was expecting they'd have picked the game up since the earlier phone which was given plenty of criticism. I just find the whole 'cameraphones suck' defence fanboy-ish when other companies manage to put increasingly decent cameras in their phones. It's an obvious weak...
I'd forgotten about the sidekick. It didn't make it over to Europe.Blackberries are available here without data and AFAIK always have been. They aren't very popular though. Every Blackberry owner I know here has another phone, usually an SE or Nokia.edit: Sorry, apparently wrong about the Sidekick. I've never seen one here in the UK.
From the article..."The adapter is geared toward ExpressCards that add wireless functions, like WLAN or cellular broadband (3G for example) and Memory Card adapters. It will not work with cards that add SATA, FireWire, Gigabit Ethernet or USB 2.0 throughput, which depend on PCIe architecture. " So, next to useless really unless you already have a 3G broadband expresscard you want to use with a desktop or your non-gigabit ethernet port or airport card is fried.
Perhaps I'm not getting what you're getting mdriftmeyer. Command-Option-Click launches a dock item and hides the others. No need to hold down H or double click. If you've got fat thumbs you can hold down Command and Option with one thumb. Here's the official list... http://docs.info.apple.com/article.h.../cdb_dcks.html It's the same in Leopard as Tiger. edit: double-clicking items in the dock does nothing - the first click is enough.
It is in some regards since it is, as far as I'm aware, the first phone to ever have mandatory data plans included in the monthly tariff. AT&T later allowed you to drop the data plan and O2 are apparently going to make it optional with their PAYG option. Here in the UK with O2 the cost of the handset was also insane - ie. not FREE with the tariffs at launch. Again, they're correcting that with iPhone 3G so that it more closely follows what we'd expect a phone to cost. So,...
I'm sorry but I don't think that reasoning washes at all. The iphone is freaking huge as a phone and phones much, much smaller than the iPhone manage it - Sony W890 for example.I would say that about 70% of the people taking pictures at the three most recent weddings I've been to have been camera phone users, not cameras. Perhaps it's just my social circle but that's what I see.
Yeah, yeah, yeah, camera phones suck. "Use a DSLR if you want a decent photo"... Snore.... Zzzzzzzzz..... The point isn't that camera phones suck, it's that some suck more than others and the iPhone camera is quite high on the 'this sucks' pile for no particular reason. It's not a terribly thin phone or small so it's not like they don't have space for a 3.2mp sensor, some decent glass and a flash to at least bring it up to merely 'sub-average' performance for an...