or Connect

Posts by Bruce Young

WtF ... (that would be, what the fooey...)Let's see, Photoshop, $35/mo = $420 per year, forever. 60% of MSRP.Design Suite Premium, $95/mo = $1140 per year, forever. also 60% of MSRP. etc.Seems like the Adobe price-gougers figured out a brand new way to suck money from the customers.This, and the so-called 5.5 mid-cycle, full price new versions.It just gets worse and worse.(OK, so you can tell I am a small-software-budget guy)I guess if you normally pay full list price...
So far, the plain gray is seeming so bland that it loses the visual color cues that helped to identify what to click or grab or slide. At first glance, I think this is a bad change. Though, given how Apple changed all the special folder icons in SnowLeo to be dark blue on light blue, throwing away the colors, I guess plain is the new "IN" thing. The one plus is allowing screen snapshot grabs to include both the drop-down panel and the window it belongs to. That is how I...
One thing I do wish for is a better cross-platform text solution. That is, the current TextEdit saves in a default rtf format which my Windows machine does not always interpret the same as the Mac. Of course, it opens MS Word on Windows, but not always displayed similarly. Currently I usually default TextEdit back to plain text. Or use TextWrangler. Since my information notes that I share between Windows and Macs are basically plain text. And when I need formatting...
funny! Whatever happened to the Wingz spreadsheet product from years ago? As I recall, that one was positioned as a very broad product, almost a development environment. This may be another case where the Microsoft product(s) have pretty well defined what most folks expect from an application. - Not that it is realistic, but does seem to make it harder for the independent developers to get their application noticed.
a Google search turns up Imperium Holdings as:Same group? Or just same name for the off-shore group? Curious.
[I just found this thread, thus my 'late' post here] I agree with these sentiments. While there are certainly some apps that I do want running much of the time --iCal, Preview, Text / Note / Journaling apps, that sort of thing-- there are certainly other apps that I want to be closed when I am done using it. There is no reason for an app that I run one time a day or once a week, to be running in the background 24/7. And yes, I would like a Final and Clean copy of a...
it appears that the 10.2.1 is only pertaining to the Mac OSX release. and may only be showing up in some folks automatic update. On my Windows XP machine, the last official release from Apple last week was: 10.2.0.34 -- the Windows versions always have an extra numeric node in the version numbering schema, so they don't always match exactly, but pretty much always get released for the matching first two nodes (10.2) and usually same release schedule for the first three...
Further,,, on details, looks like software update says 10.2.1 -Sync with your iPhone, iPad or iPod tuoch with iOS 4.3. -Improved Home Sharing. Browse and play from your iTunes libraries within Home Sharing on any iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 4.3. ummmm, is'nt that what iTunes 10.2 was all about? So the update notes are just repeated identically from 10.2.0 to 10.2.1. sigh.
It is sad that Apple has gotten less clear with their software update changes list. Especially for the iTunes releases it is almost laughable that the usual list is "security and compatibility" changes or "improve stability and performance" changes.Right.Like that tells us anything meaningful.Seems like Apple is in full CYA mode now about all its updates.That is, reveal almost nothing, so no one can complain that such item was missing prior to the update...Yes it is good...
Good article link (one i had not seen before). Thanks. Even though from 11-2007, it provides (me anyway) with more understanding of the situation.