or Connect

Posts by jonshf

Good points. Maybe I'm overreacting about the failure aspect. Most other brands (samsung, htc etc) seem to have gotten away with protruding cameras. I personally have avoided using a case, accepting the nicks and scratches that have accumulated on the edges. With a protruding camera and a not-so-sexy back side, I and many others would probably resign to putting a case on.
Totally agree. The protrusion means it will not lay flat on a table and rock back and forth as you press different areas of the screen. That seems like such an astonishingly absurd failure. I'm hoping that the lens only comes out when the camera is turned on and then goes back in flush when not used. If it has optical zoom capability then that would be an astonishing accomplishment. We can only hope.
Looks like a copy of Danalock (danalock.com) which has had this for years.
Apple has the opportunity to do the exact opposite. They can offer the two bigger sizes at 4.7" and 5.5" while offering future 4" models with the smaller bezels and rounded edges. The future 4" models will be even smaller, more pocketable and easier to use single handedly than the current 4" models.
Yes, you also have to wonder what the acquisitions have to do with their cash reserve. In those 3 months they made $13 billion in profit, about 86 times more than the $150 million they spent on acquisitions. They actually generated $23 billion from cash flow in the quarter which I think is what gets added to the cash hoard, about 150 times the acquisition sum. It's not like they dipped into any cash reserves. So, in your analogy you had $1000 in the bank at the start of...
A new bigger iPhone does not mean they will faze out the 4" screen. Two distinct sizes is long overdue for a product that sells in the tens of millions. Your choice will depend on your use case. For people that use it mostly as a phone the 4" is clearly better while those that use it mostly as a pocketable tablet computer would prefer something bigger, maybe much bigger. A smaller than 4" screen is doubtful to me though (unless a watch). What will of course happen is that...
The main question is how Apple would present a new pixel count to developers. When the Mini came it used the same pixel count as its larger siblings so it ran the same apps unchanged. A 12.9" ipad at exactly double the current resolution, i.e. 4096x3072 at near 400ppi, would make for a smooth transition and little hassle for developers.
8.5x11 is only used in North America. The rest of us (the other 93% of people on the planet) use A4 paper which is about 8.27x11.7" and has a diagonal of 14.3". However, I don't understand why a tablet should emulate any of those sizes.
Normally you would compare the price to the closing price last year to tell whether the price is in "positive territory" this year, just as you would compare today's price with yesterday's close. The closing price on Dec.31 2012 was 532.17 so Apple broke into positive territory a few days ago.
 A 13" tablet with a keyboard cover and added multitasking capability is creeping into laptop territory. Will it be called iPad Pro?