or Connect

Posts by jonshf

Others will follow but champagne won't look good except on metal bodies, a good reason for Apple to do it.
The Chromecast is cheaper than the Apple TV - less than half the price! But, that's only $64. Are people really going to sacrifice quality, ease of use and performance in the living room for $64? The device is becoming an increasingly important part of a television experience that people pay thousands of dollars for. Skimping on $64 seems ridiculous.
Agreed. I think the iOS economy is big enough to support the following:   4" iphone for ultimate portability 5" iphone for those who want a phablet 8" ipad for tablet mobility 10" ipad - the classic size 13" ipad for the coffee table etc   How they work out the resolution issues is the main task. Retina resolutions will take most of the fuzziness out of resizing pixel-perfect apps to fit (before the developer releases a native version).
Yes, but Android does force you to have to go into the myriad of settings and try to find the ones you want to turn off. Adding features is just too easy and the Android camp doesn't seem to understand that adding frivolous features is a negative.
Who said anything about aluminum? The pictures show a plastic phone (with some metal parts, like the buttons). It's going to be bigger in all dimensions than the iPhone5 because plastic needs to be thicker for structural strength. This phone will probably have almost the same internals as the iPhone 5.   It looks like there will be 3 phones this fall: iPhone 5S (metal body), iPhone 5 (metal body) and then this phone (plastic) which will be free on contract in the US. They...
Well, they show a 5.92 Whr. battery compared to the current 5.45 Whr. Watt hours is a measure of total energy in the battery so that either means the new phone will work 8.6% longer or that it uses 8.6% more juice or some combination of both. To me it sounds like they're putting in heftier components like maybe a 4 core processor, dual led flash (stronger flashlight) and such. After all that the phone might still last longer on a charge.
You make it sound like Apple started working on the next iPhone only a few months ago. What I've heard from apple insiders (I mean actual Apple people) is that they start developing an iPhone version more than two years before it's released. That means the iPhone 5S, if that's what it will be called, was in development in the summer of 2011. In the early stages there are probably 6 or more different designs like you say. At this point however they've surely already gone...
The solar panels should be bigger and create a rain umbrella over the charging tables. With the extra power a meak wifi hotspot can be added so while people are waiting around for their phones to charge they can check their email etc. A video camera above to record thefts might also be a good idea.
Agreed. One of the most useful features I've seen that exists on Android (for the area of the world that I live in) is an app that changes the way the phone functions. When a phone number calls that isn't in your contacts, the app will look up the number on the net and display who it is. Someone said that this was easy in Android because the app just takes over some core functionality and does what it needs to do. For security reasons Apple would not allow this but it...
Exactly. You are clueless.