or Connect

Posts by jonshf

Yes, but you can't control the color of the lightbulb from the light switch. That can only be done from within.
I don't think Apple will be "too afraid" to do something like that. I'm picturing a tall Mac mini style box.
The iPad doesn't fit into a coat pocket. That's what the iPad mini is all about.
They could surprise with 2048x1536 like the new iPad. That would give a pixel density like the iPhone 4/5. In any case, yes, the ratio will be 4:3 and it will run all iPad apps unchanged.   Something tells me that Apple won't want to make new products that don't have retina displays. However, in this case they need to keep the price point low so they should probably stick with the lower resolution and make the jump maybe next year.
  I think people are reading this wrong. IOS devices will soon represent more than 90% of Apple's income. The Mac and non-IOS iPods are going to be fringe product lines. Apple is putting all their energy into IOS devices and this new hire will most certainly be part of that with future iPhones, iPods, iPads, TV products and whatever else their collected imaginations conjure up and dare to do. Huge investments dwarfed by mind boggling returns.   It may be that the iPad...
  Something doesn't seem right with these two phones. If the bigger one is truly only 4.8" then the smaller one (I applied a ruler to my monitor) is only 3.6" or thereabouts. At that size those 5 icons on the bottom row are going to be hard to hit with a one-handed thumb.   If the smaller one is 4" then the bigger one would be well over 5".
  This will only be available in Europe. This is so you can use any micro-usb based charger to charge your phone, as required by law in an attempt to reduce the massive consumption (throwing away) of chargers. The US doesn't have this requirement so Apple doesn't offer the adapter there. I'm sure 3rd parties will offer something like it eventually. I haven't seen it in Apple stores outside of Europe.
  Apple designs their own chips. Samsung gets the blueprints and uses their advanced 32nm tech to manufacture the chips. Then, a few months after getting the blueprints they start producing their own.
  Another reason: There are no gaping holes at the top. This means if there is some rain while you're talking or looking at the screen, there's less chance of water getting in.   I haven't yet heard any reason to have the headphone plug at the top. The only reason it was there on previous iphones is because there wasn't room on the bottom.
  The new battery has 5.45 Watt-hours of energy storage while the old had 5.3. That's less than a 3% increase. The new one is at least 10% longer so I'm assuming it will be significantly thinner. My guess is a longer lasting battery due to reasons like those mentioned above.