or Connect

Posts by tokenuser

If I described an Apple product to you that was 37.5mm x 40.9mm x 8.78mm, had an aluminum case in multiple colors, a touch screen face, had 16GB of RAM, a battery that lasted for 24hr of continuous use and weighed 21g ... you would probably be pretty excited. That size is somewhere between the 38 and 42mm aWatch, but is thinner by approx 2mm. The battery performance is better as well (since the aWatch goes to sleep). That product was the 6G iPod nano. No, its not as...
 Clearly.
So, having a contrary opinion is trolling. Whatever. You'll get over it.My credit card just got charged. The 42mm SS aWatch I ordered has changed status. I'll be happy with my aWatch. It might be the first product from Apple to carry that name, but its not the first time Apple have done something in this form factor or with this function. Not so sure about everyone else who is here to complain about it. 
 Ummmm. No. This model didn't."The new model has an "improved fitness experience," with no need for an external Nike+ sensor to track runs or walks." (read the link I posted).
This is a 6G Apple iPod nano. The watch face (and may more like it) was supplied by Apple.Is the aWatch really the 1.0 device you claim it is?  As a second or third gen device, the aWatch has more features (improved form factor, materials, UI/OS improvements). You expect that. But, the nano did have an inbuilt pedometer (I think it was the first apple prod with that but could be wrong) as well as an FM...
I see the trees. I see more of the forest than most could appreciate. The problem is that people are seeing this as a sapling (1.0). Apple transplanted fully grown sequoias to make this device. A 1.0 device implies that this is the first product. Its not. Apple have been heading to this device since I had my first MP110 (Newton). The form factor keeps improving. The UI evolves. But this is a natural branch of that lineage. Calling it a 1.0 device ignores that heritage and...
Where is the "new" in the Apple Watch? What I am saying is that there is nothing new in the watch, and it is all proven technology from other devices. And did you read the part where I said that Apple's 1.0 is already a generation or two ahead of the competition?? The SoC is a great chip, but it is based on an earlier Ax variant (A5?). There is more going on there than the A5 had, and the improved manufacturing process (scale) is a leap forward ... that further proves my...
From the review, it sounds that the biggest issues were not hardware related, but software related ... and largely 3rd party software where the developers would have had little experience with the actual device, and relied purely upon the Xcode simulators. That is an easy fix. People keep calling this a 1.0 devices. Is it really? There is nothing new in the watch. All the tech involved has been done before to greater and lesser degrees. Even the SoC used to power the...
" The company advertises MobileTrack as a feature for Apple's flagship iPhone 5s, but there is no indication that it would not work on Apple's other M7-equipped devices, the iPad Air and second-generation iPad mini." ... except that on the iPad Air, it doesn't appear as an option.
The level of integration is not especially tight with the automotive platform. I would be more interested in seeing what the aftermarket manufacturers are going to do ... Pioneer, Alpine, Bose, etc., all supply the sound systems for the automakers, so I wouldnt be surprised if we don't see them offering aftermarket versions for other vehicles.   I am currently in the market of a double-din sized GPS enabled head unit, but am holding off until the dust settles...