or Connect

Posts by waytogobuddy

absolutely agreed.   Although, maybe b/c AAPL destroyed the last quarter, they figured they could wait off on 'new' announcements for the lull after the storm? And, if they stretch iPhone 5 to October as per rumours, then they need jolts of sales and PR in the summer back to school season: new kind of PM and slimmer sexy screen MBP/Air. Also if this IGZO thing is true, maybe that's delayed mad thin designs and batteries etc for the latter; think that would be harder...
Apple's fine print suggests otherwise.
Apple's pages show a weird graphics performance DECREASE: (old on top)http://imgur.com/lAvek The Fine Print seems to offer the same Test scenario for Half Life E2, so why has it dropped form X3 to X2 performance? Will there be better battery life? (reviews showing 2.5 hours on the discreet graphics) or are the charts just wrong??? FIne print from apple.com for old and new pages below: NEW Testing conducted by Apple in October 2011 using preproduction 2.4GHz quad-core Intel...
I'm stuck between the Crucial M4 and OWC (240 pro) as Crucial is cheaper but OWC seems to be more reliable over time with its SandForce.Will Lion enable TRIM on the Samsung? Is that comparable to whatever SandForce's chip is doing? Are there performance hits to have the OS do the work over the drive itself? Finally, the Samsung seems to have half the write/read speeds of the OWC and Crucial (250MB/220MB vs. 500ish read & write).why advocate samsung?Thanks!!!
turned on email this morning and Mail started to automatically download messages from my .mac account in the thousands - I could see them repopulating the - for minute empty (!) - 'sent' folder, but not sure where the other thousands went.... they were coming in at 1.1MB a second....which is not the norm for Apple's mail servers - even when I'm at work. I'm scared some messages have been lost, but am wondering more why the heck this happened? to do with icloud...
that video was awful. the intros, the content, the whiteness of the actors' eyes....yeesh.... what are they trying to sell? the utility/market of/for a tablet?? (I think another company has proven that pretty well). I mean it's a classical advertising/rhetorical set up....but seriously? now? maybe in 1999. wow.
now we just read advertisements here? what value did this post have (other than to MacMall?)
And the reverse for the screen. 15" at 1440x900 since the first MBP. Screen has to 'appreciated' with new case as well. The option to upgrade to 1680x1050 I would think is wrong direction (wrong ratio etc. Here's to next year.....
Thanks, it's a tough one, but good know the quad core still sounds specialized... And the discrete certainly wouldn't be fired up that much by the sounds of it (I probably wont be playing games again till playstation 4 comes out!) I think I'd drop in a SSD in a few months anyways (sandforce or whatever) to save a few bucks and be (again!) amazed at how fast things are..... Now if I can just get over the screen resolutions being unchanged from my 2007 MBP or my old white...
Apple seems to have spread its MBP products perfectly across the price spectrum: you can't say no to a $1200 i5, but then you can't say no to a $1500 2.7Ghz i7 - but then you can't say no to $1800 quadcore, 15", screen and discreet graphics - but then maybe a speed bump to 2.2GHz and 1GD DDR5 is necessary for the (final?) extra $300-400? [at which time you're $200 away form the 17" King - ergh...) Brutal. Anyway, Does anyone know middle of the line use cases where the...