or Connect

Posts by Dazabrit

Seems to me.. Beats are a great match for Apple in lots of ways! * Bringing their streaming service in to the fold + who knows what engineering talent & intellectual property they have (or products in the pipeline) * Jimmy Iovine pitching music streaming to Steve Jobs 10 years ago and responsible for building one hell of a brand in arguably a pretty niche sector. Whether you like the products or not that's the sort of driven character who melds pretty nicely with Apple's...
I don't know about 'needing' 16GB RAM, this seems like madness to me to be honest... I design, animate and produce videos on an 11" MacBook air with 4GB RAM!!! :) Not for everyone I must admit but my machine still zips through multiple apps perfectly fine whilst cutting, rendering, using Adobe CC and more. I never have fewer than 6 apps open at a time and it never feels sluggish!   I've used all kinds of Macs across the years with varying low and high end configurations...
Although I agree (for the most part) there are fascinating elements to the Loch that fuel the stories. Although it's essentially 'just a lake' it's still incredibly deep, there's very poor visibility due to the peat content and it contains huge underwater caverns. These are the things that really fuel the imagination. The tales/myths are great for the imagination (especially for children) and the whole community thrives from the tourism so try not to be too hard on them! :) 
 Well... there's a 12.9" iPad on the horizon (apparently) so it sounds like there's still a huge focus on iOS hardware.  There must be lessons to learn from both iOS and OS X and I hope Apple are following the threads & using those lessons to imagine entirely new products. Products that take the best elements of traditional desktops/laptops combined with the sensor laden, ultra efficient mobile products. I admit I do have a fondness for another seemingly forgotten...
It probably is still a little too early for this transition but we're close. 2 years and iOS X might be the answer? A10 (AX) processor with iOS X
Yep, they definitely 'could' clock an ARMBook that high and if they used a larger battery like you pointed out (one that is still way smaller than the MBA) then it would be a win win.   To try and address some of the 'Whys' as to this product's potential existence: * Even thinner & lighter (beyond what is possible with current architecture) * ARM/A Chips are developing at a faster rate (due to strong competition?) * Massive potential with Imagination graphics chips *...
Haha! Apologies, I have no idea what's going on with the embeds!    I'd love an SD Card slot but I just can't see it personally. I'm not sure what architecture & licensing issues (due to Intel's involvement) are involved but I imagine Thunderbolt and Lightning would be the perfect combination for a product like this. Dreaded adapters would be needed though     I HATE to bring up Samsung in this discussion but I happen to think they got one thing right (only one) when...
Yes you're absolutely correct in terms of the OS choice muddying the waters. They probably would have to spin off a new converged OS that takes the best from both iOS and OS X. 1) I think you're being way too optimistic with the clock speed for this concept though, this is Apple we're talking about! :) They push for ultimate efficiency and their upgrade cycles would likely take care of 2GHz & beyond. A vocal minority? tend to feel the first gen of any new Apple product is...

Knowing Apple... it's one of the factors in their vision for the Mac App Store. Have everything running in sandboxes with key APIs which can be moved to ARM/iOS. A 12" Retina Laptop thinner than a MacBook Air with iOS, Mac App Store & ridiculous battery life would not surprise me in the slightest!