or Connect

Posts by jido

If it is working anything like Software Update on Mac, you just uncheck the software once. It will remain unchecked next time SU comes up.
I suppose he meant to use the read-write image as a shared disk of fixed size to keep data, which is the equivalent of partitioning. Time Machine would not be able to reclaim the space reserved for the disk image. Several times it is mentioned that you could connect n devices to the Time Capsule and slower devices to an old base station which extends the network. Do the TC and the AEBS need to be connected together via Ethernet to benefit from this setup?
It does not look like the DVD drive has a USB out, if it did it would not take away one USB connector. Alas what happened to USB daisy chaining? http://google.com/search?q=usb+daisy...pcformat.co.uk
So the Macbook Air was taylor-made to meet SJ's on the road needs, is it? And you are buying it?
What now? Well one thing I would like is a better way to interact with computers, I am tired of the old mouse-window interface. I don't want to be managing documents, why do I still need to save "files" in a modern operating system? I know, that is because applications do crash. Can we address that first?
Eh? CoreFoundation is legacy? No, CoreFoundation is open source. Anyway, to the original poster I would ask: are you interested in Gnustep? Gnustep is an attempt to reproduce the NeXT/MacOS X environment in Linux. Its main achievement is a programming framework compatible with MacOS X. Check it out! And if you like it, look at the technologies in MacOS X-- in addition to the Cocoa programming framework there are IOKit, WebKit, the Core technologies (CoreImage,...
I am confused, does that use a LCD or eink for display? It does not look as white and black as eInk would so I assume it is a LCD. Not very attractive for a ebook reader.
???
Can't you strap it around your neck, it wouldn't press on the arm that way.
Heh, I am just happy to read a serious Dilger review. Is he at his best with simpler products? Well done.