or Connect

Posts by jido

The firmware is the program of a hardware component, for example the bluetooth firmware makes the bluetooth module in your computer work. In this case it is the computer firmware that is updated. The computer firmware runs the fans and sensors and other components on the motherboard. It also bootstraps MacOS X.
That normally means that your logic board was replaced. Did you send your Mini for repair recently?
I guess that the QuickTime encoder is C code and that the Windows compilers are better optimised.
The Radeon x600 XT is more or less a higher-clocked 9600 XT with PCI Express connectivity.
In that case developers could use ICC / Xcode, isn't it? Currently Xcode on PowerPC supports XLC, so I would expect it to support the Intel compiler on the Intel platform.
That's why it is wise to keep around an old version of iTunes before upgrading it. The songs themselves are encrypted with the DRM scheme, and iTunes (or iPod) has the key to decrypt them. If one day Apple would want to stop you from listening to songs you purchased (and why would they?), they would need to have you install a new version of iTunes incompatible with the old DRM scheme.
I believe you'll be fine with the Mac mini. Have a look at the electrical specs on the power supply though, to make sure before you plug it in.
I get that when the ISP hangs up on me. Their lines may be too busy and they prune extra connections. Your ISP probably has some kind of discussion forum where you can speak about your problems...
Hi JerryWhat do you see in the Internet Connect connection log window (menu "Window")? Last 20-30 lines should be enough to tell.
Get a PowerBook or an iBook. The new PowerBooks are great, with little extras like BlueTooth 2 and fast drives. The iBooks and PowerBooks are a proven design that will last you long.