or Connect

Posts by jido

Did you select "Mouse" as device in the Bluetooth Assistant? I don't think you can disable the passkey with "Other device".
Wireless connection will work fine with any Airport card (sold as option) as long as the router is not limited to 802.11a. Any new Mac will come with MacOS X 10.3.5. If you buy second-hand, you may need to buy MacOS X 10.3 which you can upgrade with a free download to MacOS X 10.3.5.
Don't think there is any chance of a Windows malware mounting your Mac disks and damaging them from inside Virtual PC. I use ZoneAlarm to protect my Windows installation, and I avoid Internet Explorer as much as possible (http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net for a lightweight alternative for simple browsing). I never ever used Outlook. No problem so far...
Is it just me that sees this message in the ad displayed at the top of this page? So what the hell is Naked Football? Should I ask MSN?
Looks like you want a HD enclosure. If it was for an optical drive I would go for WiebeTech or StorCase Rhino Jr. You could try the MacPower products, they are cool and quite cheap. http://www.macpower.com.tw/products/hdd3/icecube/ic_800
Scanner/printer/fax all-in-ones ca ndo the job. The HP 4210 is about $150 and comes with Readiris. You can put only 20 sheets in the feeder tray though as I understand.
Okay, as planned I put the Nec 2510A in a Prefect FireWire enclosure. It is totally silent afaict. I didn't do many test yet, but I found out that the drive is recognised as a DVD reader by MacOS X. Disk Utility doesn't support the drive for burning. I can burn a CD with FireStarter, it works fine using the generic raw driver. I didn't do any performance testing yet.
I ordered the Nec 2510A OEM for £49 inc. shipping. I will use it in an external FireWire enclosure connected to my Cube. I could not believe the price! It is just £15 more than the LiteOn Combo drive, which is already good bang for the buck.
You can do the same with the iPod mini.It can be from other sources. I exported my contacts from a Palm using the Palm Desktop software and the iPod recognises them fine. They should be in vCard format.If you copy the songs on the iPod simply as data (ie. without using iTunes), then you will be able to load them off your iPod easily. But you won't be able to play them. The songs that you put on the iPod using iTunes cannot be copied from the iPod to another computer. But...
Yes, I saw that in the FAQ page: they went with QEMU instead of Bochs. If I understand well, Darwine means that I can recompile an application using (a subset of) the Win32 API to run under MacOS X/X11? This is awesome! I wonder if Darwine is PPC-native, that is that it doesn't use the QEMU emulator itself? It would make sense. The x86-specific code in the application would be handled by QEMU, and the remaining would run at native speed. How much of a PC program is stuff...