or Connect

Posts by drewprops

I can't remember when I started putting those dots below my posts, but I suppose it's been quite some time now! Tempus Fugit and all that. It began because I was bothered with how the bottom of the post window crowded my words... a total kludge, but it worked! Now it's a "thing". AppleN*va is looking at its 10th anniversary right about now and we were talking about old times, before the great exodus, so I came back over to say howdy to you folks! I should poke around a...
LOL you're dang skippy it is, you old-timer!!       ...
Am I still the oldest participating* user?   Murbot, wake up! Murbot!!   Heck, it's been awhile since we talked about this but.... oh nevermind, all of you old farts are probably all dead now.   ... * it's been a wee while, I realize.
Oh buddy, if I had a tower I'd totally look into jamming an eSATA card into it and using those enclosures... as it is, I'll be dropping back into IDE just to have a dependable drive that's faster than the one built into the iMac (plus the LightScribe feature). Looking to see if I can still return the SATA optical drive now....
Hey guys, This is an update, for anyone else who wanders down this particular path... So today my SATA to IDE host adapter arrived and so I slipped hooked it up to the drive, bunged the drive down into the enclosure and fired that contraption up.... only to encounter some problems. Toast 8 hangs at some point in the process of writing a DVD. Now, if you let it go for the length of the burn, until the drive spins down, then shut off power to the drive, click...
Oh my golly, I missed Fellowship's message Wow, how long has it been? And with a new little boy?!! (or was that one of y'all's doggie threads?)
We actually covered the Watermelon thing over at AN one time back in '05, here's the link to that story.... but of course it was something from back over here at AI... though it must have been from pre-blackout (unless there have been subsequent thread wiping blackouts since then).... I can't find any references to it in a quick search of the forums here... that makes me a bit sad
'Burb, we were trying figure out how to tell you this... but the whole "AppleNova is Down" thing was just a ruse. Have fun over here at AI, they're really swell people and they'll take care of you and everything!! Um, you don't mind if we keep all the pictures of Mars do you? They like space stuff over here too...
::smacks head:: Well I should have been able to do THAT math.... ::sigh:: Thanks!!
Hassan was living in London and had a penchant for having his really nice bicycle stolen every so often. The details are his own, but needless to say you don't want anything you love to be kept near his bicycle.... And as far as the server fix goes, I have my Poo Log to maintain over there but maybe I'll stick around here for just awhile to watch groverat snarl and stomp, I forgot how much fun that was....