or Connect

Posts by shompa

189K sold devices in a year is good?Ipad1 sold more in the first hour.
It wasn't the low prices on Amazon ebooks that drove publishers mad. It was the cracy 70-30 split of revenue. Amazon 70% and publishers 30%. This is the reason why many ebooks are more expensive then retail books.
Lifetime content sales are predicted to 136 dollar/unit. Majority of this content would have been bought from Amazon by other ways if they didn't have a Kindle Fire. The Kindle fire looses money for Amazon. They can build it for around 200 dollars, but that does not include research, design, warranty and so on. Amazon will post huge losses thanks to this project. Just like the old .com days. Market share by loosing money. Google post much lower profit then expected last...
Why can't Apple continue to use Google search? Its a great search enginge and Google pays Apple huge money for it. Apple is not about advertising. Data mining its customers is something that goes against Apple DNA. Apples GPS/maps will be introduced with iOS 6. NFC should also be introduced in iOS 6. Windows mobile will continue to play catch up. They aren't even multi threaded, something that Unix have been since late 1960. Windows phone will never succeed unless MSFT...
Google shareholders should be angry at Googles management. Android is great and have a huge market share. It just don't make any money for Google. I would have been cheaper for Google to continue buy Google search on others smart devices. Spending 20 billion on Android and have revenue 1 billion. Next company to have similar drop in value is Amazon. They are happy that Kindle Fire sells well, but they loose money on each device. Stupid business strategy. As for...
Apples pricing is artificial. AppleTV have the same hardware as iPhone beside 3G chip + touchscreen. Somehow Apple charges 650 dollar for an iPhone and 99 dollar for the AppleTV. Apple could sell cheap phones if the wanted, but its more fun making money. Many parts in 3GS is more expensive then the Iphone4, still its cheaper.
You know that less then 4% of phone purchases are LTE? The far majority are not tech nerds. LTE brings zero advantage to 99.99% of the users. Downloading blurays to your Iphone seems just stupid. Using you 1 gig datacap in minutes have to one of the more insane things to do? 3G: 21 megabit LTE: 50 megabit With data caps: WHO CARES? Todays LTE stuff have a battery penalty of 50% that is why Apple have to wait for 28nm LTE. Apple is hugely motivated to move to LTE simply...
Companies can save huge money by moving from Windows to Mac. At LM Ericsson (a 100K worker compete when I worked there) IT support for windows required 1 person /10 employee. IT support for UNIX workstations 1 person / 100 employees. The uptime on Unix machines are much higher then Windows. The traditional price penalty on a Unix workstation and a HP PC is much less today thanks to Apple. The sad thing about Apple is that they have killed its server line. Back in...
Copying Apple have been hugely successful for Samsung. I also think that Samsung is the Android vendor with best stuff. If Apple didn't exist/or when Apple are to crazy I would buy Samsung stuff. But I hate Samsung support. My 2560x1600 Samsung monitor: Its 3 month since i left it to get repaied. Samsung have hired totally incompetent support personal. My Apple 2560x1600. I got it replaced 1 day. Apples service is something that Samsung will have problem...
Microsoft singed another Android vendor to their protection racket. MSFT will make about a billion 2012 in Android licensing fee's. Talk about free money. That is also more money then Google will make on Android this year. So why don't Apple license out its patents like MSFT? Remember the Windows debacle? Apple licensed its Windows system to Microsoft for Windows vers1. Somehow the judge in the Apple Vs MSFT trial thought that license was valid for ALL windows system,...