or Connect

Posts by shompa

Intel could produce A series chips. But please understand that Apple would need almost ALL of Intels 22nm manufacturing capacity. Intel don't have the capacity. People seems to forget that Apple needs 50K 22nm wafers starts / 70K 28/32nm wafer starts each month. Apple should buy a fab from Global Foundries.
The problem is that Apple would need all of TSMC capacity. Apple needs almost 70K wafer starts per month. Thats more then 1 fab line! BTW. Remember that TSMC had trial runs of A6 in june 2011. Yield problems. Apple's SoC team have tons of work to do. First the A5 32 nm shrink, then the A5X, A6 32nm, A6X 32nm. I personally don't understand why TSMC would manufacture A6/X. Apple needs to do a new tape out for TSMC. Why not instead do a A7 SoC with PowerVR Rouge? That is...
I have said it many times: The one thing I hate about Apple as an investor: Apple gives their executives huge amount of free shares. This dilutes the shares for all the other owners and the market sees as a negative when an executive sells shares. "they don't believe in the company". Apple should do this: They should buy the shares on the open market (= not dilute the shares for all other) they should buy double the amount and shred the other shares. This means that...
I don't understand Google. Its ok to pay MSFT 5-15 dollar for each Android device. But when Apple wants them to stop copying iOS/or pay some royalties = no. In Sweden we have legal right to know what a company store about it's users. Only Google refuses to release the data. Why? What are they hiding? They refuse to delete the data. I want to be able to pay Google for its great services, but that they stop to index everything. I personally hate that people who use Gmail:...
Nope. This is the real iPad3. The iPad3 that was released was a desperate product when plans did go wrong. TSMC production of A6 tanked and Qualcomms 28nm baseband chip was delayed. This lead to the desperate A5X thicker battery. Apple should of course have waited and released the real iPad3. Apple wants to release the new iPad in late Q3-early Q4 to maximise holiday season. This is the new Apple. About maximising profits. Steve's Apple was about making the greatest...
I feel gay just watching the add. Its a subliminal message to make me love penis.
This is PC all over again. Today 70% of PCs have malware and/or Virus. And Google uses Linux/Unix. The most secure OS there is. This is solved in ten minutes by Google, if they wanted it. They need to certify that the program is malware free to have it on their app store. The problem is that Google can't do that since they would be open for law suites. Google would be responsible to remove all pirate apps, including emulators/roms and all that fun stuff. And one of the...
Apple have a huge problem. They are to big. Apple needs about 30K wafers starts per month. This is rapidly growing to about 55K wafers starts in 2014-15. Apple needs a whole foundry by themselves. The best way is to buy an idle plant from Intel or that Apple pays TSMC a bunch of money for a whole line to them selves. Having an own high quality foundry would be a huge advantage for Apple. Especially since they will move everything to their own A class SoC. Todays A6 is...
These workers would be my hero if they demonstrated against the designed flaw "Purple Haze" when people take pictures. Yes. All digital cameras have Purple Haze. Yes. Don't take pictures of the sun. But iPhone 5 have a design flaw in the camera and Apple won't recognise it since its many billions of dollars cost. This is what's important in Tim Cooks Apple. Release unfinished products to get money. Steve: Make the greatest products possible. Then make money, to be able...
How can Elop still be employed by Nokia? He is (allegedly) clinical insane. Nokia. Nr1 phone company in the world. Great pipeline of MeeGo products. Nokia could produce 50 dollar phones and make profit on them. World largest smartphone seller. Enter Elop. He killed of sales/symbian by making it obsolete over a year before replacement products where ready. MSFT pays a fee to Nokia. Nokia gladly hands over all patents maps that MSFT uses i Windows 8. Elop closes all...