or Connect

Posts by shompa

Nokia will only make money as long as Apple uses 3G. 2012 all Apple products will be 4G.
please read a review of the LG3D phone. 50% battery time the Iphone4 Marginally faster in real world. (we are talking 3%) The dual core 1.5ghz says nothing about how fast the phone is especially since A5 has NOVA SIMD extensions. Something that Tegra does not have. Apple can there fore accelerate the graphical layer on the phone. Something that Android never can do, since Google does not control the graphical layer. 3D is a gimmick. You need to hold the phone exactly the...
HTC is a company that never have innovated anything themselves. They starters as an OEM company for Windows Mobile phones. OS invented by somebody else. The hardware standard of the shelf parts. BUT: They are a great hardware company. Being an OEM early 2000 for smartphones have given them experience in this area. Example of the huge cultural difference Apple/HTC HTC: no own OS. Apple: iOS ARM: founded amongst other by Apple. HTC just buys oem parts. CPU:...
Yes. The interesting thing is that Apple got the Touch patent verified AFTER the Nokia deal. Every single touch phone infringe on Apples touch patent. The Apple/Nokia settlement was very smart by Apple. Apple pay a 3G fee. By next year all iOS stuff will be 4G. Apple have those patents.
Yes. Original iPhone had proximity sensor. unobtrusive notification: this will be fixed in iOS5. Android copied this idea from an app on Cyndia store. Apple hired the programmers to make a official iOS version. 3D = I would like to see a 3D version iPhone. I have a 3Ds + 3DTV+3D computer. In one year I have seen 4 films in 3D. It's a gimmick. SD card is a gimmick. Space is no issue with the cloud. iCloud automatically pushes out all your photos, movies, books, mp3, radio...
HTC loves to pay licensing fee to MSFT for every sold Android. Why are they paying MSFT but not Apple? We are seeing something funny happened in the Android market. 2 weeks ago Apple got the Touch Interface patent. Since then Android makers have been desperate to sign up with Microsoft. They hope that MSFT patent portfolio will protect them from Apple. MSFT is in this case a mafia organization. You pay them protection money and they will take care of the other....
You do know that all digital traffic is monitored by your government? You do know that US does not follow all telephone standards? The Verizon iPhone for example. It's not Apple's fault if the leaders in a country make decisions you don't like.
Android has 1 advantage. Tegra 3 can drive "retina" display. A5 can't. Samsung manufactures the 10 inch retina display. Why not use it with their own Galaxy series? Android makes does not care if you only get 5 hours battery time instead of 10-11 with iPad. (quod core on 40nm will draw 50% more energy + display draws more) Android market to geeks who look at numbers: dual core 1.2ghz, 8 megapixel and so on. "look. I can get a tablet that have 1.2 ghz instead of 1 ghz. It...
Todays A5 is to slow for a high density display. We all know that 28nm is not ready. But. PowerVR6 is ready. ST-Ericsson start to sell Dual core Arm9 1.5-1.8ghz with power6 series graphic later this year. Apple got back test chips from TSMC last week. Could this be A5+? Higher clocked and a new graphic core? I thought the test chips where 28 nm quod core chips that are going to be used for iPad 3 next year. Someone call TSMC and ask them?
Apple would never allow a "free" Iphone. It cannibals the value of the brand. It would be strange if Apple used the 3Gs frame since the parts in a 3Gs is not much cheaper then an Iphone4. A cheaper Iphone SKU should be a Iphone4 without Retina display and only 4 gig flash memory. Flash memory is not important with Icloud and is one of the most expensive component in the Iphone. A4 chip is cheaper for Apple then the 3Gs chip since A4 is an Apple own design. A4...