or Connect

Posts by shompa

nope.   And Mac Pro have the laziest bump in history. No thunderbolt. No usb3. Tim Cook accept substandard products.  The New Apple.... 
  HDMI capture is difficult due to enforced HDCP encryption. That is why for example SlingBox HD lacks HDMI ports.    I have to look up the Intensity pro card to check how they bypass encryption.
  Anything Apple does always have fandroids, crazy microsoft fans and nerds screaming.   To be ignorant and blunt: If they love Samsung so much: move to Korea. 
What is Apple's problem? During the honeymoon between Intel and Apple, Apple release Mac Pros with Xeon's not released officially. Then Intel/Apple had a fallout over that Intel didn't license the CPU interconnect to Nvidia, so Nvidia was forced stop making motherboards.  Apple started to talk to AMD.  During the Intel/Apple exclusive agreement, Intel engineers designed Apples motherboards. I don't know how its today.  But if Intel still designs Apples...
Since Apple bought Anobit, everything will use flash someday. I think its a bit early for an Apple branded SSD, even if I would love to see it. Anobit controllers run at 660meg/sec. That is quite good. An educated guess is that the Macbook pro will get a small Macbook Air SSD and an optional 2.5 inch drive. (My old macbook pro hace 2x1 terra. WD have 2 terra 2.5inch. Fun to be able to have 4 terra in a laptop)
  Apple is not a web business. 95% chance for no web version. 
Apple don't have price "fixing". They don't need it since most macs/ipads are sold in the Apple store.  The Apple store buys the hardware for the same price as retailer does. The different is that Appel store don't have to make a profit. They sell Apple hardware with about 9-11% margins.  This puts pressure on Apple retailers. If they price higher then 9-11% they are more expensive then Apple.    Usually stores make 30-40% on stuff they sell. That is one of the...
Apple buys these WIFI chips from manufactures that pay FRAND licensing for it. Why should Apple pay double?  Crazy law system...    BTW:The people who believe Apple should have bought Motorola Mobile: It is perfect for Apple that Google manufactures Android devices. Only then can Apple sue Google directly for all the patents that Android breaks. (and Android breaks patens. Thats the only reason why all Android OEM exempt 2 pays 5-15 dollars to MSFT in...
In US the iphone is heavy subsidized. About 400 dollar per phone. More and more countries are leaving this model and instead offer cheaper service/data. AT&T is also notorious for having to few base stations, about 1/3 of the recomeded cell density. The money spent on subsidized phones could pay for a better/working network. I belive that the consumers loose with the subsidice. Here in Sweden I pay 10 dollar/month for 5 gig data. (and when the 5 gig is used, I still can...