or Connect

Posts by shompa

Apple buys these WIFI chips from manufactures that pay FRAND licensing for it. Why should Apple pay double?  Crazy law system...    BTW:The people who believe Apple should have bought Motorola Mobile: It is perfect for Apple that Google manufactures Android devices. Only then can Apple sue Google directly for all the patents that Android breaks. (and Android breaks patens. Thats the only reason why all Android OEM exempt 2 pays 5-15 dollars to MSFT in...
In US the iphone is heavy subsidized. About 400 dollar per phone. More and more countries are leaving this model and instead offer cheaper service/data. AT&T is also notorious for having to few base stations, about 1/3 of the recomeded cell density. The money spent on subsidized phones could pay for a better/working network. I belive that the consumers loose with the subsidice. Here in Sweden I pay 10 dollar/month for 5 gig data. (and when the 5 gig is used, I still can...
    The only thing Apple needs to do is add more colors to the Iphone. Steve Jobs Apple saw Iphone as a software platform. The consumer experience. That is why every single Iphone so far have gotten a new iOS. It would be a Tim Cook Apple if they released a new phone without an iOS.   Steve Jobs Apple did not ship crap. That is why they always had a 3 month beta period of iOS. Android just push out its updates, and let the users be live beta testers. Maybe Tim Cook Apple...
If the real Woz is selling this, he needs money for more Android phones. (I respect Woz and see him as a genius. I don't understand why he believes that Android will kill Iphone.)
TSMC 28 nm does not have a problem, beside its late. The best case scenario is that Apple dual sources its SoCs to TSMC and Samsung. As long as Apple uses Samsung, Samsung knows exactly what Apple will use for hardware in the next 18 months of products. That is one of the reasons why Samsung is successful today. The strange thing with all this is all the reports that Apple got back test wafers from TSMC at two times last year (June/October). There was a rumor that Apple...
Retina laptops/Imacs/screens are "must buy" for me. Eizo have a "retina" 36 inch display for sale. The problem is that it cost over 200K dollars. I had hope that the Ivy Bridge bump would lead to Retina stuff. The evidence for it was that the internal Intel graphics support high resolution and that Kepler 660M supports 3840x2160. Apple also payed sharp over 500 million to build Retina displays last year. Since no retina parts have leaked out, its highly unlikely...
G5 was great. Years ahed of its competition. It was fun back in PPC days when you could have something that was faster then Intel and had better hardware. To bad that IBM f-ed up and could not deliver 3ghz parts to Apple. Somehow they could deliver 3ghz parts to MSFT. G5 lives today inside the Xbox360. The only reason why I bought one on launch day. And for MacPro EOL. Intel killed MacPro with their insane XEON prices. When AMD could not compete, Intel raised prices 300%...
I have had a similar idea for Phones. Many people prefer hard slide out keyboard. Instead for hard keyboard: I wanted another screen. The problem with Laptop/Phone dual screen is many. Battery and that the price for the screen. The screen and the touch components are the most expensive components on Ipad/Iphone. The cost for Apple would be 200 dollars and battery hit about 50%. -- Tim have clearly said what he believes is the future of computing. The traditional laptops...
I have always wondered why Apple don't allow App sales for AppleTV. AppleTV could be a great gaming device. Especially with A6/Rouge class SoC.