or Connect

Posts by shompa

"A5X costs an estimated $23" This have to be wrong. I understand that BOM are guesses, but they need to have some logic. The A5X is an gigantic SoC. Larger SoC = more expensive to manufacture. The 23 dollar price is calculated on a Wafer price of 5000 dollars and that you get about 220 die candidates from a wafer. At least 10-20% of the dies will fail validation. + design cost + license cost to ARM and PowerVR. Compare it to Tegra3. Its 50% smaller on a smaller...
This is a great idea.
I remember when Apple was the leader in ethernet technology. Apple pro products had it as standard at least 5 years before PC. To bad that Apple don't want to be leaders anymore and haven't adopted 10Gbits adapters. 802.11ac with 3 antennas is actually faster the gigabit ethernet. In real world tests a bit over 1 gigabit. With ethernet you are lucky to get 800Mbit from a gigabit cable. BTW. I was one of the few crazy people who had a firewire network at home. Great...
DigiTimes = Trolling times. They have a very poor track record. 1) Is Ivy bridge designed motherboard ready? 2) Have intel started to supply Apple with Ivy bridge? 3) What about the GPU? Kepler is delayed. What about mobile 28nm AMD GPUs? 4) Is retina displays ready. no no no no So... Trolling times is wrong again.
When the worlds most powerful man calls you, why not go? Even if you don't like his politics, he is still the president. Ive could learn him a thing if Obama is interested. Obama = 96% approval rating in Sweden \
I hope they quicktime the event.
80 dollar is about the extra cost for the retina display. I personally think the quad core model will cost 80 dollar more. Many will pay 80 dollar extra for a quad core CPU. The fun thing for Apple is that the quad core cost about the same as the dual core.
Don't write stuff like that. They know where you live. They know every dark secret if you have used google search in you life.
They don't know. "analysts" are almost always wrong. Usually they make these kinds of reports to drive the shares they way they want. We will soon get a couple of "Apple is doomed" analyst to drive down the stock, while they are shorting the stock. Have zero respect for Analytics especially in technology there they know zero about technology.
And its not just one time. A couple of years ago Shuttle and SFF was big. All copies of the most beautiful computer of all time: G4Cube. --- I wish that some mole would report if Apple and Intel resigned their agreement. 2005-6 they signed a 5 year agreement. Intel designs motherboards for Apple + CPU. Many times Apple got pre released CPUs. Then the problems between Intel and Apple started. Intel got crazy and stopped third party motherboard chipset for i7 CPUs. Apple...