or Connect

Posts by Timmmy

Any sense of what Apple might use as the cut off point for the next OS X release? Is it reasonable to assume that they will stop supporting MacBooks with OS X 10.10?
That might be a possibility.Although, when I was playing around with one at the store it did seem like there was some content that was not accessible. On one the the major news sites none of the video content appeared at all. I would hate to have her miss out on random stuff...
Yeah, I finally found the 'sign in' link at the top of the page.
Wow. Does the Pismo handle Flash video sites? Can you watch anything at Hulu? I had assumed that the poor performance at Youtube was due to Flash. Also, her system is running Leopard.Tiger was indeed a snappy OS.Although I'm not sure that I would feel comfortable running such old OS X releases in terms of security...
We need to get a new computer for my mom.  She currently has an IBook G4, 1.33 PPC and it can barely play a Youtube video.   I'm hesitant to spend the amount needed for a Mac since she only does email and light web browsing. That combined with the tendency of Apple to aggressively retire OS's/hardware and other technologies make me reluctant to recommend a new Mac.   Of course, I can't and don't want to maintain a Windows PC for her either. I was considering a...
The only way that I can see to login to the forums is to start a new thread which then gives a login prompt.  There are no login fields on any of the actual forum pages or even a button that says, 'Log in", although while the page are loading there appear to be a brief appearance of a the login fields near the middle/right of the screen but it quickly disappears as the page finishes loading. Oh and it looks like the forum hijacks the control clicks in the text area so I...
I was offered this on 10.6.8
Actually, I have looked at SlpashID and I definitely don't like it. It doesn't use the standard MacOS document paradigm. Instead it implements its own multi-user/multi-database system which is not consistent with the Mac OS document model.
Funny that you mentioned 1Password. One of the reasons that I won't use it is because its file format does NOT encrypt everything. It leaves the title of each entry in plaintext. But, even if I had the source code for an app, I don't have the programming knowledge to understand it...
I'm considering the Mac password vault called Data Guardian. How can I be assured that the encryption is implemented properly?