or Connect

Posts by Timmmy

Adobe could kill-off MacOS X on the desktop if it wanted to. If they stopped distributing Flash Player for MacOS X the platform would likely suffer a serious decline in usage as mainstream users became unable to use large parts of the web...
Unfortunately, this is typical behavior for the Flash plugin in Safari. Even viewing a webpage with a Flash advert can send the CPU to 100% Adobe Flash on the Mac simply sucks! Try ClickToFlash It will let you decide what Flash elements to load on a given page.
We have an old 1Ghz G4 Titanium PowerBook which only has USB 1.1 ports. (has FW 400 also) It would be nice to be able to take advantage of the lower cost USB2 drives and enclosures but the speed of the USB 1.1 ports is painfully slow for data transfers. Is the PC slot on my old PB going to be fast enough to take full advantage of USB2 speeds if we stick a USB2 card in there??
They should have made yesterdays Safari 4.0.4 for Leopard only then.
This make no sense! They skip the 2009-006 security update, but then release a new Safari. Either 10.4 is dead or it isn't...
Apple had better make damn sure that the coming tide of consumer level USB3 devices are fully compatible with this...
I still don't understand WFT LightPort actually is. But if we can't connect the coming rush of consumer level USB3 devices to it then it is just another name for Mac marginalization...
I would like my next Mac purchase to last for 5 years. 2 years from now there could be some USB3 device that I want to connect to my machine...
Any ideas on how and when USB3 will be added to iMacs? I am finally ready to replace a G4 PowerBook with a new iMac and I want to make sure that the model that I get is as future-proof as possible. I'm still limping along with 1Ghz PPC/1GB and USB 1. Presumably the next iMac release which is expected in October won't have it. Does that mean I'll need to wait until the next major redesign???
Surfing in Safari 3.2.1 on MacOS X 10.4.11 PPC all of a sudden the Adobe Reader plugin (9.1) started to load and then Safari quit. I do believe that that is the classic symptom of the PDF drive-by exploit. What should I do?