or Connect

Posts by Timmmy

Anyone been rooted by this Java exploit? Seems like MacOS X is the only platform without an official fix.
Also still waiting for a fix for Java remote execution exploit...
Well, my Titanium G4 PB is maxed out with 1GB of RAM.Perhaps I *am* freaking out and acting like a noob, but the scenario that I am seeing is always the same... Pageouts only seem to happen when Free Memory gets very very low.It seems to be that proper memory management would be to take some memory space from real RAM instead of pagingout...
Gmail web interface is broken after this update!EDIT: Turns out the update was NOT the cause. Gmail was just being flaky...
If 10.4.10 does not bring full compatibility with Google online services I will raise hell.
OK, I am willing to accept that I have been misinterpreting the memory readings But, are you also saying that it is good to have system slowdowns which seem to be related to pageouts (which seems to happen when the free memory gets very low)?
I generally like to avoid having the free memory go to low, because then things start paging out and that means disk thrashing and slow down. Say I have 250MB free and I need to download a 300MB file. The free memory will gradually drop as the file is downloaded and then the pageouts will start - menus take a second or two to drop down and things get generally unpleasant....
If I watch the 'Free Memory' read-out in Activity Monitor while I am downloading a large file I can see the memory dropping! It looks like an amount of RAM equal to the file size of the file being downloaded is used up... Quitting Safari does not recover the actual RAM lost, but deleting the downloaded file seems to. DL a 60MB file and 60MB of RAM is lost. Trash that file and 60MB of RAM is added to the "Free" memory reading in Activity Monitor. This can't be...
Does 2007-4 address this Safari exploit?
Yikes! Can you describe some of the ways in which it is crap? So, if it works via Apple Image Capture, does that mean that Graphic Converter can use it too?