or Connect

Posts by waybacmac

If Basis Science had anything to offer, including patents, I think Apple would have bought them already. Now that all the talk about the iWatch involves health monitoring, I expect Samsung to buy BS (gee, how appropriate  ) and reissue their device as Heath Gear and declare to the world that they are the leaders in innovation.
Where is that darn auto-correct when you need it! 
Ok, here's my 2¢ worth. Apple currently sells four iPad models: Air, 2, Mini, Mini w/retina. There have already been rumors that the 2 will soon be dropped. Makes sense as it still has the 30-pin connector. Mini will take over the bottom spot with a small price drop and no significant updates. That leaves both the Air and the Mini-r to be upgraded with 64-bit processors and Touch-ID. The question is when. Best case would be late 2014 for the holidays. I base this on two...
Has nothing to do with features or capabilities. Apple is well aware that MS Office is a hot-button, check-block for (ta-ta!) The Enterprise. Surely, you remember MacWorld Boston,1997, when Steve Jobs introduced a video of Bill Gates and explained the deal he made with Microsoft. Part of that deal was Microsoft's continued support for Office for the Mac. Steve Jobs knew that having Office on the Mac was an important symbol (for lack of a better word) of acceptability in...
 I think it's more than that. If the technology needed to make something work right is not there, then Apple is willing to wait until they, or someone else, develops that technology. Look at Microsoft with tablets. They failed because the technology for tablets wasn't "ripe" enough. Apple waited and worked on the technology until they got it right. With Samsung and the "smart" watch, they just hobbled something together for the bragging rights of being one of the...
  In case anyone has doubts, SN & TS are both right. The quotes below are taken from Wikipedia: "Microsoft released the first version of Excel for the Macintosh on September 30, 1985, and the first Windows version was 2.05 (to synchronize with the Macintosh version 2.2) in November 1987." "In 1985, Microsoft ported Word to Mac OS…The first version of Word for Windows was released in 1989." "Microsoft Office for Mac was introduced for Mac OS in 1989, before Office was...
Personally I'm just glad that Apple didn't introduce a 30th Anniversary iMac…   …though, on reflection, the 20th Anniversary Mac does kinda look like a precursor to today's iMacs.

Great, more fodder for the patent wars.  /S
 IMO, the remarks in this thread have nothing to do with being or not being "green". It's about hypocrisy…Greenpeace hypocrisy. Hypocrisy about chastising Apple's products for not using enough recyclable materials while manufacturers like HP, Samsung, Asus, etc. get a free pass. Hypocrisy about whining that Apple's data centers don't use enough "clean" energy, while data centers from Amazon, Microsoft, and Google get a free pass. I'm tired of it and not impressed by this...